Cost of a Dominican Blowout in CLT, NC

sunshinelady

Hi ladies,

Today I found a dominican stylist in Charlotte, NC. She speaks very little english, but with some hand signals I asked her about a dominican blowout. She said for my hair it would be $45 w/ a deep condition.

Does this sound like a good price or should I just go and get my hair pressed?

Also, she had a Grade B salon. Should I be scared?

Well, she can charge a bit more because she is the only Dom. stylist around right? Supply and demand. If you would pay that much for some one to style your hair, then give it a try. I don't think you can compare it to NY or florida where there are lots of Dominican salons.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I don't know if she is the only one around. She just the only one that I have heard of so far.

Anybody know of others?

Check out the Hair Salon Threads...I know there are Dominican salons in Charlotte. We have a couple (not a lot) in the Triangle area. So I know Charlotte has some.

I'm so glad you asked this! I havent been able to find one here in the triad, but I'm moving to Charlotte in a few weeks and had hoped to find one there.

Please keep us posted!

I think you may be able to find one cheaper. In Raleigh, I've paid anywhere from $20-$25, and I hear there are less Dominican Salons here than in Charlotte. Please let us know if you find something!

Please keep us updated if you find one. I am planning on moving to Charlotte in a few weeks and I will need to find one as well.

Keep us posted please... I stay in Charlotte, and I been wanting to go to someone but I cant find anyone....also post pics and a review when u find it :grin::grin:

Keep us posted please... I stay in Charlotte, and I been wanting to go to someone but I cant find anyone....also post pics and a review when u find it :grin::grin:

I've been to three in Charlotte. One on Eastway, one on The Plaza and another on N. Tryon.

if she has a B sanitary grade then i would keep it moving. you might walk out with straight hair and then realize a week later that she gave you ringworm from using unwashed combs

if she has a B sanitary grade then i would keep it moving. you might walk out with straight hair and then realize a week later that she gave you ringworm from using unwashed combs

Hell, i didnt even know salons were on a sanitary grade system! It should be posted on the door or window right? NEVER saw one.

I had no idea they were on a rating system. Next time i visit my stylist i'll look and/or ask her.

Back