Corrective relaxer

HeChangedMyName

Has anyone done one on yourself after having been texlaxing for a long period of time. I've just accepted that I was probably texlaxing for years because I never allowed my hair to get bone straight and I rarely smoothed the relaxer through and my application time was almost always quicker than the recommended time period. :ohwell:

Anywhoo, last night when i relaxed, I took my time and smoothed the relaxer through. I REALLY like the straightness and would like the length of my hair to have the full relaxed effect. Can I just slather relaxer all the way root to tip next time I am due for a relaxer? Is there any special preperation necessary?

nope, no special prep necessary. i did something very similar last year; i smoothed relaxer through all of my hair to correct the "texlaxed" effect my hair had. it took down a lot of the bulk, and now my hair is 100% straight (except for this new growth!)

this goes without saying, but be sure to not apply relaxer to your hairs that are already at the desired level of straighness. meaning, if you have to go through your entire head of hair and apply base cream on the length of your hair that's already processed, then please take the time to do so. this is key in making sure you don't fry some hairs while just straightening others.

when i did this, i based my hair all over, and applied a bit of relaxer to the parts that were still wavy. i smoothed it through, rinsed thoroughly, and incorporated an ultra moisturizing deep conditioning session at every wash thereafter.

just be sure to deeeeeep condition at every wash. 100% bone straight hair needs a lot more TLC than texlaxed or natural hair, because it's been through a lot more chemical stress. incorporate a good protein conditioner for normal use as well, as your hair will need more protein to keep the super straight strands strong.

hope that helps :)

Back