Corrective Advice

VirtuousGal

At work so I will make this quick ;)

I am doing my millionth corrective...

I washed hair to fully see the new growth and oiled my hair with "coconut oil" which is really almond oil, lanolin and some other stuff as a condom (protection) from the perm. I was thinking about adding emu oil to the vitale relaxer but is that asking for more dry texlaxed disaster? Also, I am so not sure about the timing, my last corrective I left it on as if I was doing a regular perm (that was ORS LYE) and I still ended up looking like I had natural roots and some texlaxed roots. I am hesitant about basing my scalp also for fear of messing up but i did get some burns last time (for nothing apparently) please help me guys!! I know some of you have done successful relaxers...advice please?

Have never had to do a corrective, but I do know that Emu Oil does not coat the hair. It gets absorbed by the scalp and hair therefore is more of a moisturizer, not a protectant. I hope this helps...I had to go through the whole Rio relaxer incident so I feel your pain!

Ladies, help her out! - BUMP

I am no expert but hav you tried relaxing in sections. I didn't have enought time to relax my whole head and the relaxer was not getting applied or smoothed properly. Try doing a search on relaxing in sections and see if this technique helps. I am going to try the 12 section relaxer technique tonight.

Back