Shinka

Everyone please confess your hair sins

I confess:
I am a hair addict
I am a bone strait addict
I am a cutting hair when frustrated addict
I am a hate natural hair color addict
Recently became, hate my natural hair addict
I am a can't stick to a regimen or challenge addict.
I am a self-sabotoger

Story behind confessions:

In April 2005 my hair look like this: http://public.fotki.com/Shinka/april_2005/
that was 6 months after a big chop, then color, then relaxer...which left me with 2 inches of hair....So Growth and care resulted in those april pics

In Sept 05 I went bald cause I missed my NATURAL HAIR. Umm yeah natural hair was not the same as the previous year.....way more course, really dry and tangles...Permanent dyed it for thanksgiving ( looked cute)

In feb..06 couldn't handle the natural kinky dry, damaged colored treated hair so I self relaxed with a no-lye optimum( bone strait addiction arose)....result: looked good for three weeks....about 2 inches of hair

Last week, got cornrows from shop ( wanted to do crown and glory to help with growth) result: scalp brokeout...bumbs, sores, itched everywhere. Removed braids on sunday to save hair. Wasted $80

Last night got frustrated. result: cut hair in halle berry...bad idea I am not a stylist. Need a touchup so hair is puffy and front is above my ear and shorter in some parts. Kitchen looks shaved and back is cut evenly to ear.

I really need an addiction sponsor to keep me out of hair trouble....I was doing so well.

Recovery Plan: Stick what what worked...

Go back to Motions Oil Lye Relaxer ( for bone strait addiction)

Get a brown rinse ( current color looks like dusts)...so when hair is a nice length I can cut colored ends...if they don't break off first).

Follow Cathy Howse regimen and use her products....forget the board hype.

Use diluted shampo

Rollerset only

Have husband hide scissors and curling iron and he must approve any request for them..

Got to a stylist when I'm need a trim, a dusting or a style

I can't stop going to stylists who want to chop my hair off. I don't know what in the world is going on with me. Everytime I gain some length, I find someone to chop it off. I'd probably have waist length hair if I wasn't addicted to haircuts.

I really found this post interesting. I liked the way you tied your negative confessions into positive "do somethings." No advice or suggestions (thought I doubt that you were looking for it) just saying we here at LHCF will support you no matter what you are doing. good luck :)

Back