Confess! How Many of You PJ's Spend as Much as You Did Before LHCF?

How many of you spend as much $$ on products that you previously allocated for the BS

• I spend a lot less money

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I spend just as much, but I enjoy DIY

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • I need Jesus. My PJ-ism is about to put me in the poor house!

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters

Christelyn

I've noticed that since I started doing my own hair, I'm spending what was usually my salon budget (and beyond) on products. Sort of ironic, because I initially started this journey in order to save money! :ohwell::ohwell:

But you now what? I don't care! I truly enjoy doing my own hair, and once I get my stock up I won't have to buy as much. I now have the products and regimen that work well for me and keep my hair healthy, so the budget should go down going forward. (The words of denial from a TRUE PJ) :spinning:

It got me wondering: Anyone else find they spend just as much or more on products even though they no longer frequent a salon?

Remember, confession is good for the soul! :yep::yep:

Last edited:
I dont do my own hair but please believe when I go to the salon I ONLY let them do it with my products alone. I am a PJ and am turing my mom into one as well.

I'm spending more since I've been on here! But you have to count that pre-LHCF I was using Pink Oil Moisturizer and products like that. :look:

in the words of Carrie Underwood, Jesus Take the Wheel!

i have spent more for my hair in the last 6 months than i probably have in the last 6 years, including salon visits during that time. i have not even been to the salon in the last 6 months.

**throwing up the RODPJ gang sign**

I am surely spending more now than I did before.
I didn't know I was missing so many steps in my reg., so I needed more products.

oh, I'm spending much more. I never went to the salon anyway and just got whatever I wanted from Wal-Mart. Now I'm experimenting with high end products. I just spend less now on clothes. That way my overall expenses are about the same or less.

I definitely spend more now. I used to just buy whatever was on sale at the BSS and I only had my hair washed when I went to the salon :ohwell:

This is interesting to hear that people are spending more. Because I thought all this DIY was saving everyone money

I spend less because I use a lot of cheap products, suave condish, vo5 con, garnier fructis, aussie. I have a few expensive products, but I am back to doing my own weaves, braids, rollersets, and that is where I am saving

Oh my goodness, instead of buying all of this perfume i'll never use I spend it on my hair.. I tell myself I have to buy like this until I find what really works for me...Yall got me lying to myself...when we start tricking ourselves..it's time for us to join JessCNU, stand up and introduce ourselves...Hi my name is cookie1 and that PJism got me strung out...

I'm in the same exact situation. I stumbled upon the website trying to learn how to do my hair to save money. I've spent as much money as I used to spend before. LOL, but i'm working on it.

Definitely more. I lurked on the hair board for months and each time came off with a new product that I had to have. My bathroom is starting to look like a BSS :drunk:.

Shamefully so, I was so not into my hair I barely spent money on hair care products. I only became interested after my mom had my daughters hair permed without my permission, so I sought online help and ended up here, needless to say, not the poor house but this is costly! But, we have found what works for us and I am backing out of being a PJ!

I am very proud to say that I spend a whole lot less money now. I kinda have an idea of what works and what doesn't so far so yeah, I have this Pjism under considerable control......for now:grin:.

At first I was needing Jesus. I know what products my hair likes now so I no longer random shop. My hair has never been better and it was worth every dollar that I spent. I think I spend no more than I did going to the salon but I now get to keep my products and have something to show for the money that I did spend.

I was cheap before LCHF I had grease, shampoo, conditioner...every once in a while, a $20 flat iron,and $20 electric pressing comb.
Now I am spending more :(

Its because of you guys around here with the "Look what I found" , "Megatek is the shizzzz" "My hair feels like butta" threads that make me a PJ

LOL ya'll are hilarious! the results of this poll are totally opposite of what I thought it would be. I thought I was the only compulsive one!

You are not alone! I confess YES, I am a true PJ. I try but I can't resist it. Hair products are my drug of choice. In which case, overdosing may not be a bad thing....:look:.

My excuse is that I don't have a set regimen with set products yet.....ummmm.....even though I do the same thing every week with good results......and maybe this product will do it better than that product....and.....ummmm.............I NEED HELP!!!!:perplexed

i spent way more money before lhcf. it was getting out of control. i finally got an idea of what will work for my hair. before i was just buying anything that looked cute in the bottle.

Back