Conditioner on dry hair?

StillGrowing

I'm sorry if I repeated this topic, but it's time to wash my hair again and I want to make sure I got it right this time (I got a lot of good info the last time I asked a question). And sorry if it's a stupid question lol.

When people here talk about moisturizing their ends or moisturizing their hair daily, do they mean they put leave in conditioner on dry hair? Or do they mean they use like Pink lotion or Motions? I was going to buy some Motions at Sally today. I had bad experiences with Pink lotion, to me it's just gel disguised as cream.

I use a leave-in (garnier fructis long and strong) as my daily moisturizer because the "moisturizers" such as motions or cantu oil moisturizer are too heavy for my hair. However, I use a different leave-in when I wash my hair. The garnier seems to be the right consistency for my dry hair. But that's just me. I'm sure some more experienced ladies will help.

I'm sorry if I repeated this topic, but it's time to wash my hair again and I want to make sure I got it right this time (I got a lot of good info the last time I asked a question). And sorry if it's a stupid question lol.

When people here talk about moisturizing their ends or moisturizing their hair daily, do they mean they put leave in conditioner on dry hair? Or do they mean they use like Pink lotion or Motions? I was going to buy some Motions at Sally today. I had bad experiences with Pink lotion, to me it's just gel disguised as cream.

First of all stay far way from pink oil.

conditioner on dry hair is when you deep condition your dry hair before a wash. I did that 1 hour ago.

Now for moisture you can use a water based creamy moisturizer such as QP mango butter or a little bit of creamy leave in such as salerm 21 or salerm 21 b5 or Herbal Essence Ltr leave in on dry hair and seal with oil.

Personally I found a staple, a mix of Aloe vera juice mixed with rose water. I spritz my hair and ends a little with it and seal with a dab of oil.

Daily moisturizing = water based leave in conditioner on dry hair. My favs moisturizing leave ins are:

-water (plain bottled water)
-water+glycerin+hyaluronic (my favorite homemade leave in)
-nexxus headdress
-nexxus humectress (can be used as both rinse out and leave in condish)
-NTM silk touch
-rusk passionflower & aloe

Pink lotion is not water based and, if I'm not mistaken, motions leave ins are also not water based so won't "moisturized" but might be good lubricants/sealants

Now, there are protein based leave ins, but that's another story . . .

Last edited:
I use a daily moisturizer usually Hollywood beauty Olive oil cream and pre-wash days I use whatever con I feel like in my dry hair as well.

I also sometimes use some cheapy con to de-fluff my edges some days.

If im going to wash my hair, the same day, I will put some conditioner on my pony tail and saturate my ends, then bun it up. That night wash it out and deep conditioner. To prevent the shampoo from stipping anything off the ends. My hair is dry when I put the conditioner on it. I use CON conditoner purple bottle or even the deep conditioner that I will use again the night that im using to deep conditioner with. For everyday I use Olive Oil cream (I love this stuff, leave my pony tail nice and fluffy) and seal with Coconut Oil, I will be using the Elasta QP mango butter soon. STAY AWAY FROM THE PINK STUFF!!!!! HTH

Last edited:
Back