Conditioner On Amazon With Over 8k Reviews And 4.5 Stars!

Gr8ness83

I am looking for a new conditioner to do weekly DC treatments and I stumbled on a product on Amazon with over 8k reviews and has 4.5 stars. Has anyone heard of this product or tried it? My impulsivity wouldn’t allow me not to order it but I’d like to hear from anyone who may have any experience with it. There is a shampoo as well with only a handful of reviews, which leads me to believe that it is not one of those “please
give this product 5 stars and you’ll receive a discount on your next order” type of deal.

91392486-C672-4BD9-9CA9-8B396FF09965.png

Yeah I don't trust these products. Scan the one or two star reviews. They often will expose if they were paid or prompted to review the product. Most people will disclaim regardless that 'I got this product for free in return for an honest review'. It doesn't necessarily mean the product is bad, but it skews the results.

But if it is good I'm willing to try it :look:

What are the ingredients? That will tell you a lot. From the description, it sounds primarily like a protein treatment.

I tried this product before, it's pretty decent, nothing earth-shattering.

They did ask me to leave a review and they'd send me a bottle. ( I didn't...I forgot..I guess...lol)

Here's the email, this was back in 2016.

Hi,
It was great speaking to you about your Silk 18 Conditioner purchase.
We're glad you're interested in our free product in exchange for an
honest review.
You're just a few simple steps away from claiming your free product.

All you have to do is reply to this email with:

A text word-for-word copy of your review, OR

Link to your review OR

Screenshot (picture) of your review.

Once this is done, simply respond to the email with which product you
would like, and reconfirm your shipping address in the following
format:
Name
Street Address
Apartment Number
City State Zip Code.
Also, please let us know if you'd be interested in reviewing a free - Lip Balm 4 pack.
Amazon product ASIN B01HIM88GA
If you're interested we'd love to send you this product as well.
Simply reply with your review for it, in the same manner.

Thank you!

Maple Holistics Team
Mapleholistics.com

I tried this product before, it's pretty decent, nothing earth-shattering.

They did ask me to leave a review and they'd send me a bottle. ( I didn't...I forgot..I guess...lol)

Here's the email, this was back in 2016.

Hi,
It was great speaking to you about your Silk 18 Conditioner purchase.
We're glad you're interested in our free product in exchange for an
honest review.
You're just a few simple steps away from claiming your free product.

All you have to do is reply to this email with:

A text word-for-word copy of your review, OR

Link to your review OR

Screenshot (picture) of your review.

Once this is done, simply respond to the email with which product you
would like, and reconfirm your shipping address in the following
format:
Name
Street Address
Apartment Number
City State Zip Code.
Also, please let us know if you'd be interested in reviewing a free - Lip Balm 4 pack.
Amazon product ASIN B01HIM88GA
If you're interested we'd love to send you this product as well.
Simply reply with your review for it, in the same manner.

Thank you!

Maple Holistics Team
Mapleholistics.com

Real shady. If you have confidence in your product you wouldn't have to beg for positive reviews.

Real shady. If you have confidence in your product you wouldn't have to beg for positive reviews.

I agree with you.

It's interesting you say this. Asking for an honest review is considered legal and good marketing in the social sphere. When it comes to Black women, what's deemed as fair and good are not necessarily in agreement with what the 'mainstream' market says. So often, I read about how different it is to market to Black women.

What it boils down to for me is: Black women like a high quality, effective product, honesty and transparency. Period.

Conversely, getting that high quality product and showing one's transparency are difficult. Hence, the high powered marketing tactics.

Last edited:
I agree with you.

It's interesting you say this. Asking for an honest review is considered legal and good marketing in the social sphere. When it comes to Black women, what's deemed as fair and good are not necessarily in agreement with what the 'mainstream' market says. So often, I read about how different it is to market to Black women.

What it boils down to for me is: Black women like a high quality, effective product, honesty and transparency. Period.

Conversely, getting that high quality product and showing one's transparency are difficult. Hence, the high powered marketing tactics.

I should have added that with the added carrot of getting a 'free gift.' I think asking for an honest review is fine actually but the fact they want to see your review to 'vet' it before you get said free gift.... nah that doesn't really sit well with me.

Reminds me of a time that I had reviewed a product negatively, the seller contacted me to say if I amended my review they would partially refund me. I didn't do any such thing...

This reminds me of an interaction I recently had with Julep. I left a poor review and they offered to send me any product I wanted if I agreed to take the review down. Only because it was user error on my part did I agree to have it taken down, and I specifically asked to try the product again because I realized what I had done wrong. They sent me three of the item and after using it correctly I realized I loved it and left a very positive review. A bit shady on their end but hey ^shrug^

Back