CONDITION OR DEEP CONDITION

AFTER FINAL WASH, I......

• Total voters
I usually (and dont know why I do this), but I condition with a regular conditioner and then I deep condition.

Straight for DC. If you can, you should probably add a poll. You'll probably get more responses that way.

I do both depending on how I feel. Sometimes I apply the conditioner while in the shower and leave on for 2-3 minutes then get out and apply deep conditioner. Or I just apply deep conditioner.

Which one do you guys think would be more beneficial? spl? Im guessin conditon,then dc cause you would get more moisture? Idk!!?

I am so not the expert but I would actually think going straight to the DC would be more beneficial because the cuticle is open to absorb the richer conditioning. Using a regular conditioner first, I would think, closes the cuticle and allows less of the DC to go to work.

i normally deep condition/pre poo, shampoo and then condition for about 3-10 minutes. this works for me.

I go straight to the deep condition. I don't recondition after my DC after, because it leaves my hair supple and soft. :D

Rotate each week from conditoner and deep conditioner. Deep is usally done more around relaxers.

Which one do you guys think would be more beneficial? spl? Im guessin conditon,then dc cause you would get more moisture? Idk!!?

Straight. I believe the quickie conditioners close your cuticle. If you want to do both, you should probably DC first, then do the regular rinse out condish.

I usually go straight for the DC, but if my hair is tangly, like after a protein treatment or henna, I will use a cheapie conditioner as a rinse so I can get the comb through it. I have a need to comb DC throughout my hair in sections to make sure it is all covered. Bad frizzy. :look:

Most of the time i go straight to deep conditioning because alot of my conditoners can also be used as dc's. So after my wash i put my conditoner in and just leave it in and use heat as per instructions.

I'm a co-washer, but in the event that I clarify with Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo (usually once a month), I do the following:

-Section the hair into two halves in the shower (right and left hemispheres)
-Apply shampoo, focusing on the roots
-Leave shampoo on for 2-3 minutes, rinse
-Apply Oyin Honey Hemp Con. and detangle very carefully
-Leave HH on while I tend to other things in the shower
-Rinse in WARM water
-Apply DC after shower
-AVC rinse, then final COLD rinse

I'm stretching right now, so detangled hair is crucial for me, which is what the regular conditioner BEFORE the DC is for, to help ease the process. Other than when I clarify, I co-wash on days that I am not DCing, where I would go straight to DC.

I just deep condition. The only time I'll use an instant conditioner is if I use a DC that doesn't detangle and I need help detangling.

I used to go straight to DC (with heat), left the conditioner in and sealed with oil. Which got me thinking--do I really need to sit under the dryer 30 mins if I am going to leave it in anyway? And if the answer is no, why not apply my moisturizer instead which is better than the conditoner anyway?

Long story short, I now wash with BS, rinse with ACV, moisturize w/ shea butter recipe, seal with castor, twist and call it a night. It's working well, costs less, takes less time :grin:.

Back