Con Argan Oil Shampoo Formula Change

moneychaser

I read this on another site and decided to purchase a new bottle to determine if they really would do that. I am so mad. The new version is on the left.

nq7479.jpg

Last edited:
Welp back to Elucence MBS

ETA: Now I'll have to check each bottle I see. I really LOVED this shampoo. It is the best and cheapest moisturizing sulfate free shampoo out there.

Last edited:
No wonder why my hair haven't been feeling my newest bottle of this shampoo. I thought it was just me but you are right.

My bottle does have the ingredients listed in the lest picture and it has cones. I do not use cones in my hair and I totally feel bamboozled.

I guess I'm off to find a replacement shampoo. They always go and mess up a good thing for no reason by adding cones!

No wonder why my hair haven't been feeling my newest bottle of this shampoo. I thought it was just me but you are right.

My bottle does have the ingredients listed in the lest picture and it has cones. I do not use cones in my hair and I totally feel bamboozled.

I guess I'm off to find a replacement shampoo. They always go and mess up a good thing for no reason by adding cones!

I really suggest Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo. It is on par with CON Argan Oil in price, quality, and moisture. I love them both, but CON Argan Oil was just more accessible.

I really suggest Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo. It is on par with CON Argan Oil in price, quality, and moisture. I love them both, but CON Argan Oil was just more accessible.

Thank you but I have that shampoo and my hair does not like it. For my hair it performs nothing like CON argon oil poo. Eluence moisture benefits shampoo left my hair extremely tangled and dry.

Thank you but I have that shampoo and my hair does not like it. For my hair it performs nothing like CON argon oil poo. Eluence moisture benefits shampoo left my hair extremely tangled and dry.
I really love CON Argan Oil as well. I just sent them an angry email about the ingredient change. They should at least make the old formula available in some stores like Sally's or online.

I'll hit my beauty supply store tomorrow lol.
Im sure they will have the prior formula.

I just bought four bottles of the old formula from my local store. I was talking to the shop owner about it - she'd just had a delivery so went and checked the ones that just came in...new formula :( I was hoping it would take a bit longer to filter through to the UK!

Argh my bss only had the new fomula. I got a 32oz of the old school Scurl though (the last one on the shelf).
Very disappointing.

I only have 1 bottle of the CON shampoo left.

I did snag one of my old favorite shampoos the softsheen carson breakthru shampoo. Fingers crossed it works like it used to.

Last edited:
:angry2::angry2:Thank you for this. I have the newer version and I couldn't even put my finger on it because my hair felt tangly when I used it. I thought my hair needed some protein and gave it the benefit of the doubt. My hair didn't have that coated, smooth, detangled feel and I'm 7 months post. I could always count on the consistency of this product. Left shampoo to come back to this BS!!! I just used it on my daughters hair and it behaves the same way!

This formulation IS NOT LIKE the come back version!!!! :angry2:. This new formulation will perform like those nasty yellow bottles that they have that claims to do something but does not.

Really! I'm so angry right now because this company said that they heard us but yet they try this sneaky BS and I've just about had it. I've never went a crazy over a product change but I think these corporations take advantage and just expect us to eat it....which we always do or find another. When I get my thoughts together, I'm sending an angry email. I'm not frigging playing this time!

This pisses me off. That is the only shampoo I use other than my once a month clarifying ors shampoo m before that I turned my back on shampoos. I have to check the new formula and get at least two of the other old formula bottles.

Once I finish up what I have I won't be messing with CON anymore. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice I take my business elsewhere.

^^ I've never found anything to compare to it. After the first change I tried Elasta QP due to some rec's here and it was good. It's the closest I've gotten to it.

I went to Walmart to try to stock up on the old version but there were only the cone filled ones :-(
I wonder how long the formula has been changed over.

The last time we rioted big time over the change and CON did nothing so I doubt anything we say will matter to them.

The only thing that will appeal to CON is when their sales go down.

Not sure if I mentioned on here but I purchased the new Argon Co-Wash and it was garbage. I'll admit when relaxed and while transitioning I was not one for co-washing but since I'm all natural now I figured I would give it a try. Had to use some shampoo to get my hair feeling correct. That was before I read the threads on here saying the formula has changed.

Anywho I'll come back as I try different shampoos. I don't want to list what I used in the past when CON first disappeared in case they upped and changed their formulas also.

^^ I've never found anything to compare to it. After the first change I tried Elasta QP due to some rec's here and it was good. It's the closest I've gotten to it.

I went to Walmart to try to stock up on the old version but there were only the cone filled ones :-(
I wonder how long the formula has been changed over.

The last time we rioted big time over the change and CON did nothing so I doubt anything we say will matter to them.
I still have a full bottle of the old formula, I'm going to hide it from my sisters and if they ask, I spilled. I'm going to my local Giant to see. But the bottle I bought was a while ago probably a year ago.

ETA: They still have yet to reply to my angry email. I would advise all of you ladies to send one. I LOVE this shampoo and they at least need to make it available through some outlet.

One shampoo I have found that is comparable is Keracare Hydrating detangling Shampoo. It's aides in detangling and moisturizes like CON just not asss detangling lol

One shampoo I have found that is comparable is Keracare Hydrating detangling Shampoo. It's aides in detangling and moisturizes like CON just not asss detangling lol
The ingredients are very similar. It looks like a suitable replacement.

@JunMom2Be do you like Elucence's poo? I really like it on my natural hair. I wasn't too fond of it for my relaxed hair but I love it on my natural hair. Their moisture balance has been a staple of mine for yearssssssss.

Back