Computer viruses from LHCF?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
My computer has been acting buggy lately. I just shook it off as irritating but, twice today, my virus protection software stopped and deleted trojan viruses and attributed it to LHCF. Apparently, it automatically reports the site too.

I'm having my hubby check and protect my laptop but wanted to say something. I'm no expert so, I can't say for sure what it is. My hubby is an IS expert so I'm sure he'll let me know. (I'm hooked and don't want to just start avoiding the site)

Sending message to Nikos but would feel guilty not at least advising everyone to make sure your antivirus software is up to date. Could be nothing. Could be something. FYI.

do you have a fotki or visit other member's fotkis?? cause i know that site is known for causing problems.

Thanks for this post. The other day when I tried to come to this site my virus protection told me there was a trojan virus on my computer from this site and wouldn't let me proceed to LHCF. My virus protection removed the trojan and let me log back on to the site.

I wanted to say something but I wasn't sure whether or not it was my computer or an isolated incident.

Again thanks, and please let us know what your hubby or Nikos says.

ETA: I don't have a Fotki nor do I visit Fotki's anymore so this problem has nothing to with that site.

Last edited:
My virus protection has been popping too. i thought it was my sports board though, but I did have a window open with LHCF.

do you have a fotki or visit other member's fotkis?? cause i know that site is known for causing problems.

Fotkis ad service is serving up a fake virus page. I stopped going there long time ago because of that annoying fake scan.

What type of Antivirus are you running???

I have the basic that comes from Microsoft and, I know that we also have McAfee's Virus Scan. But, hubby is an IS security expert by profession so, he has other stuff on our network, way too geeky for me. Virus Scan I know about and my console shows lots of red alerts. He'll have to analyze them because some alerts may be because of how tight he has our system locked. BUT, my computer has been acting buggy lately. Just saying.

Waiting for him to come home now. That said, I'd better get off the site for now.

I sent a report to Nikkos to check on his end.

Thanks for this post. The other day when I tried to come to this site my virus protection told me there was a trojan virus on my computer from this site and wouldn't let me proceed to LHCF. My virus protection removed the trojan and let me log back on to the site.

I wanted to say something but I wasn't sure whether or not it was my computer or an isolated incident.

Again thanks, and please let us know what your hubby or Nikos says.

ETA: I don't have a Fotki nor do I visit Fotki's anymore so this problem has nothing to with that site.

You should read that entire thread I linked to. The problem is not fotki it's a www/browser problem.

I have noticed the same thing as well. In fact my SO told me not to visit this site on his computer anymore cause he said that the computer acts crappy everytime I use it (which is to log on to this site)

You should read that entire thread I linked to. The problem is not fotki it's a www/browser problem.
Didn't bother to read it because I read it when it was on the front page a few weeks ago. And from what I remember the problem was the fake virus scan that downloads itself to your computer. Again that wasn't what happened to me the other day and it doesn't sound like that's what happened to the OP either.

Have you been on myspace or facebook alot of my customers have gotten infected from these sites? I clean those off almost weekly (Computer Medics of North MS).:user:

Sneaking in to say I talked to hubby over the phone to let him know I got another alert. He says he will run some checks when he gets home but it's likely that LHCF is getting a virus from a non-google ad service they're using. Again, he hasn't checked but his reaction was like this might be a common source or cause. Update the antivirus, folks.

Yes...your computer is acting up because of LHCF - but not the site itself. Our tech person had to come in and look at my computer at work (sigh!) because of Adware and Spyware. What happens is that the ads that are at the top and sides of the site are activated whenever you roll your mouse or icon across them. Even though you're not clicking on the ad to open another window, some of them have viruses attached to them so that when you simply roll over them they are activated to send a spy file to your hard drive to see what you're typing and get ahold of your passwords and login names, etc.

There are programs that you can download to your computer to find and destroy the spy and adware viruses. Antispyware.com is one of them. I can't remember the other, but when I get to work tomorrow I will look it up and post it here.

Too bad the site has to have sponsors, or the ownre could take the ads off totally. But unfortunately we can't do that, so just try to be careful with your mouse and avoid rolling over the ads as much as possible (I know...).

Hope that helps!

Didn't bother to read it because I read it when it was on the front page a few weeks ago. And from what I remember the problem was the fake virus scan that downloads itself to your computer. Again that wasn't what happened to me the other day and it doesn't sound like that's what happened to the OP either.

There's more to it - alot more to it. It's not as simple as one fake virus scan.

Malwarebytes is one I like to use as well as along with superantispyware. The 2 antivirus programs I recommend are AVG free and full and PC-cillian.

If you only have an antivirus program it only protects agains viruses. You will need the complete suite which includes adware and spyware protection. Which trojan are you being attacked by???

I'm using Mozilla Firefox and I also have gotten two alerts today. I'm using Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 so my anti-virus is up to date.

I also got an alert message and it said that lhcf was being reported. I use internet explorer as a browser and avg anti virus.

I got the virus alert message yesterday and I use Webroot in IE. It was the first time I logged onto the site yesterday and I didn't even have time to roll over an ad.

My laptop gave me a warning message the LHCF is a UNSAFE site!

HELP!:perplexed I can not live with LHCF.....what's going on?

I promise you, if you use Firefox and install the add ons I mentioned, you will have no problems. You wont see ads, nor will the scripts load. From my understanding the bugs come in on the scripts. I have had no problems at all.

I also use Avast Internet Security and have not had any warnings or pop ups.

Back