Comparable to Healthy Hair Butter

Angelicus

Currently I don't buy products over the internet. I am looking for a product that is Similar to Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter that I can buy @ the store to smooth down new growth.

Thanks
wink.gif

BUMP

There are 8273823 product junkies on this board and none of yall have a product that has ingredients or works like Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter?

Give it some time. Someone is bound to reply.

HairLove loves this product. Maybe you can send her a pm. Please keep in mind that she is out of town for the next week. She may not be able to respond so soon.

Sassy you took the words right out of my keyboard. I actually like it better than the CDHHB. But the HHB is cheaper. If you can find the KOSBP in a bss, you will love the shine and moisture it can provide. I pay 6.99 a jar, I have heard that others have found it cheaper.

What makes it better? My friend is supposed to bring me some CDHHB from Denver, but I am hoping to find something similar in the meantime, I hope I can find the Kemi stuff.

The CD product just stopped working for me after I had more than 2" of new growth.
confused.gif
I may have been using too much, though... The Kemi smells better (if you don't mind smelling like grape Kool-aid) and it spreads better, IMO. I paid $4.79 for mine. My male cousin stole a big blob and had the nerve to ask me to buy him some more!
laugh.gif
It made his hair (3" long at the time) look all shiny and curly.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DDHair said:
What makes it better? My friend is supposed to bring me some CDHHB from Denver, but I am hoping to find something similar in the meantime, I hope I can find the Kemi stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the texture of it, and since the first ingrediant is shea butter, you get the moisturizing, shine, and natural benefits of shea butter, but it is easy to manipulate. There isn't any beeswax in it, which I think makes the difference between the two. The kosbp seems to melt in and be absorbed by the hair more so than the HHB. One thing to note is that a little goes along way, so in that respect the 6.99 isn't so bad. Also if you put it on wet hair, it will have the white-head affect that HHB has. Meaning it looks kinda whitish, but that can be remedied with a scarf for 15 minutes if your hair isn't that wet. If your hair is soaking wet, then I know that it will fade by an hour or so. Anyway, I hope this helps a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
The Kemi smells better (if you don't mind smelling like grape Kool-aid) and it spreads better, IMO. It made his hair (3" long at the time) look all shiny and curly.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so true. Each time I do twists, usually the first day after, people at my job, ask if people smell kool-aid or candy. I usually say it is my hair, they smell it and say yeh, that's it. It also really defines my coils and waves and gives much shine.

Hey Anky
wave.gif

I've been experimenting with Africa's Best Organics Herbal Tea Tree Gro Lite Hair Conditioner. Here's a pic of the line
3446.jpg
The Tea Tree Gro isn't pictured, however, it comes in the same container as those pictured.

I've been using this exactly like I use CD HHB. I get the same results. I have to use more Herbal Tea Tree compared to HHB, however, I have to add water to HHB to dilute it some.... it's wayyyy too thick to spread.

Getting back on track here.... I pay $3.99 for a 4oz jar at a local Asian beauty supply store.

Herbal Tea Tree is an ultra light, deep penetration conditioner & moisturizer containing all natural ingredients including heral extracts, tea tree oil & vitamins. It restores nutrients & natural moisture to weak, damaged hair while stimulating the scalp with natural organic ingredients that promote healthy growth. Excellent for all hair types, includingnatural, relaxed, pressed, curls, texturized or color-treated hair.

Here's the ingredients:
Soy bean oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, hydrogenated coconut oil, microcrystalline wax, tea tree oil, safflower oil, calendula extract, yarrow extract, cucumber extract, carrageenan extract, matricaria extract, thyme extract, ginseng extract, sage extract, comfrey extract, aloe extract, fragrance, dye.

directions: gently massage a small amt into hair & scalp daily. When applying for the 1st time, remove petroleum, mineral oil & wax build-up from the hair & scalp.

I used this on dry hair... It gave me a wonderful sheen & soften my new growth, however, the yellow/gold dye was aweful. It showed up on my scalp
shocked.gif
. Now I use it on wet hair or right after water misting. The results are absolutely amazing... I can smooth down my new growth, it defines my natural curls & waves, my hair stays moisturized all week long... with that wet-shiny-glossy finish. THis is some goooooood stuff!!!

Just for the record, Ms Kenesha recommended Kemi Shea Butter to me some time ago... I'm still gonna try it out also
cool.gif

Ok, that's my lil 2 cents
smile.gif

this is my second time tying this: i dont know why it didnt show up the first time.

Thank you ladies, once again, u haven't failed me. Peachtree u know im HAIR FRUGAL so the tip u gave really got to me...

*trying not to become a PJ*

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
Peachtree u know im HAIR FRUGAL so the tip u gave really got to me...

*trying not to become a PJ*

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, I have a reputation on this board for being hair C-H-E-A-P.... oops, I meant "Hair Frugal"
laugh.gif
! I tell ya', if it costs more than 5 bucks, I start to grunt, smack my lips, exhale & roll my eyes at the price
laugh.gif

We need to start a club/thread... "Where My Hair Cheap Girls At"
laugh.gif
!

[ QUOTE ]
Chimma said:
Where do you find Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade?

I can't find it anywhere

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I am not sure where to find it in California, but they have a website. it is: kemilabs.com

Anky, let us know how these products work out for you. I am very curious about that mango butter myself...may have to treat myself to some of that sometimes!

Hi Ladies,

The Elasta Mango Butter does not quite have the same *texture* and CDHHB or KOSBP. They seem to have much more *holding* power.

Having said that - the Elasta QP Mango Butter is just as moisturizing and either CDHHB or KOSBP.

HTH

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
[ QUOTE ]
. "Where My Hair Cheap Girls At"
laugh.gif
!

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Right over here!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
I'm right here
grin.gif
drunk.gif

Ms. Peachtree, I have been using the Africa's Best Tea Tree Gro for months and love it! It's so funny that you mention the smell, because I love the smell. I use it on my dry hair and have never experienced any problems with the dye on my scalp. I am light handed with it though, especially when I first get a touch up, because it is a tad heavy. It's a product I enjoy and the price is oh so nice!

[ QUOTE ]
nmfsc said:
Ms. Peachtree, I have been using the Africa's Best Tea Tree Gro for months and love it! It's so funny that you mention the smell, because I love the smell. I use it on my dry hair and have never experienced any problems with the dye on my scalp. I am light handed with it though, especially when I first get a touch up, because it is a tad heavy. It's a product I enjoy and the price is oh so nice!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey nmfsc! I was eyeing this product as well. By the way, are you a relaxed or natural? If you are natural, how have you found this product works on your new growth? Does it get buildup- y? Does it soften, define curls? Sorry for all the question. I'm just trying to pick out a really good cream right now that I can use for daily moisture (cd hhb would get kind of expensive for daily use)

you ladies are really on it
smile.gif
thanks for all the great finds...can't wait for my husband to get home so i can take the car and speed over to the bss
laugh.gif

Back