Coloring question

Butterfly08

I am relaxed with bleached highlights that are half grown out. The top half has been colored. I relax about 5x a year, use minimal heat and my hair is overall in good condition, no breakage or dryness. I deep condition weekly, use a leave in and keep my ends trimmed.

Last relaxer touch up was 4 weeks ago, last color touch up was 2 weeks ago. So on to my question!

For my color touch up 2 weeks ago I chose a reddish brown color that I really don't like. I was golden blonde before, now I'm a darker dingy brown. I want to have several blonde strips woven through my hair to lighten up my look for summer. Do you think I could do it now or should I wait until i have my next relaxer touch up and color 2 weeks after that?

Just seeking your opinions on how damaging it may be to color again so soon.

kweenameena said:
Girl, you know you gotta specify which type of "coloring" you mean in the title.:look:

I was like Hmmmmm you color 2/3 times a year..... I was about to pull up a chair.

When you are coloring, are you using a rinse of any kind? For instance, bleach your hair blonde and then color red with a rinse.

Since you have to lift previously colored hair, I think it's a good idea to get it done professionally or maybe just get some blond clip ins and not risk over-processing.

I always get it done professionally. Im scared to mess with chemicals myself since I'm double processed. I'm going to do a consult first since I've gone to different stylists almost every time over the past couple years. Just curious if anyone has experience with doing a second corrective color so soon.

Back