Coloring Extensions...

blksndrlla

Ladies,

I need help. I have tried coloring my Halley's Curls TWICE! It isn't working. I need to lighten it 1-2 shades. It is about a 1b and I am somewhere around a 2-4.... I used box dye once (it was 3n...don't remember the brand) and professional dye once (Ion Brilliance 3G-3.3 with 20 Developer). Do I need to leave it on longer than suggested? Should I choose a color that on the display looks lighter than my hair color?

PLEASE HELP!!!! It doesn't look like the dye took much...if at all. I was scared to leave it on b/c I don't want it to get too light!

Update
I got it to color using Feria and leaving it on for about an hour...it calls for 25 minutes.

Last edited:
OK...I'm walking in very carefully coz I know zilch about dyes. But could you probably call a salon that does a lot of Asian hair and ask them perhaps? Maybe they won't tell you coz they want you to go in for them to do it? Could you perhaps offer to bring in your own color and ask them what you should bring for a certain look and then take the info and run? (Did I say that out loud! How unethical! :spank: ) Seriously, I haven't got a clue, but I'm just wondering if the way their hair responds to color and the way ours does might be slightly different. Maybe not, coz it's all keratin/protein...but I know that's where I'd start if I was in your shoes and wanted to solve this mystery: from finding someone in the know on doing that type of hair and ask.

OK...I'm walking in very carefully coz I know zilch about dyes. But could you probably call a salon that does a lot of Asian hair and ask them perhaps? Maybe they won't tell you coz they want you to go in for them to do it? Could you perhaps offer to Iibring in your own color and ask them what you should bring for a certain look and then take the info and run? (Did I say that out loud! How unethical! :spank: ) Seriously, I haven't got a clue, but I'm just wondering if the way their hair responds to color and the way ours does might be slightly different. Maybe not, coz it's all keratin/protein...but I know that's where I'd start if I was in your shoes and wanted to solve this mystery: from finding someone in the know on doing that type of hair and ask.
It looks like I may have to do just that... not the running part, LOL
I heard in another forum that the cv's dye the hair with rit dye (the one used for clothing) so use rit dye remover check the link below IDK i just dyes mine black with feria

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=121371
thanks!

I read that and considered it, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to do all that since this is the hair's natural color.

Last edited:
Update: I got the hair to color...I used Feria and left it on for a little over an hour. (It called for 25 minutes)....

Hope this helps someone in the future!

Back