Coloring after braids

MsFrith

Hello I'm new to the forum :). I was wondering. I have had braids in for 3 months and in the process of taking them out. I want to color my hair a honey blonde next weekend. Do you think it's a good idea? Haven't had a relaxer since before christmas. Planning on getting one soon though...any suggestions and advise welcome :)

Last edited:
Blonde + relaxer =no for most people. Would not suggest it if you are on a growth mission, but if you are rocking a short cut that will grow back in every few months, go for it.

Not at the same time though...keeping it healthy is my priority just wanted to lighten up the hair for the summer. Won't relax til Late June.

If you color first then technically you are doing the process backwards. It's better to color over relaxed hair (after waiting two weeks or so) than to relax over colored hair.

I thought you meant "coloring". Carry on.

See what has happened to me. Coloring can mean just that.

HanaKuroi, me too. I was like, :blush: what'chall talkin' 'bout over on the hair board?! :goodcop::naughty:

:lachen: Let me go back to OT.

Eta:sorry MsFrith, I'm acting up. Welcome. If you wanna know the joke, go to advanced search and look for 'coloring' in the Relationship or Off Topic forums. I have no answer to your question, but I hope you do the search. The lulz should make up for this disruption. :giggle:

Also, New York, stand up! :look:

Last edited:
Hello I'm new to the forum :). I was wondering. I have had braids in for 3 months and in the process of taking them out. I want to color my hair a honey blonde next weekend. Do you think it's a good idea? Haven't had a relaxer since before christmas. Planning on getting one soon though...any suggestions and advise welcome :)

staticmap

Bleaching relaxed hair is always a recipe for breakage. I would say no way.

Thank you guys for your input I have highlights now that have grown to the tips and just wanted the whole head lightened. I dont want to risk the integrity of my hair so I may refrain.... I never had any breakage. I'm diligent with my weekly conditioning regimen. Don't know how the whole head would take Thanks again everyone.

Back