Color

PrissyPJ

Hi ladies,

I need your help. I would like to color my hair this weekending (roots - covering gray :blush:) and don't know if I should use permanent or semi-permanent color. I am natural 4b. Can someone let me know which would be best? I'll try highlights later, but need to cover the gray now ... like stat. Thanks,

It depends on what you want. No one can tell you that. You know that semi will come out after a month of washes and permanent will grow out. It's up to you. Your hair might do well with permanent color or better with semi. Only you can know that.

Have you ever colored before whether perm or semi?

R

Thanks BD21 for responding. I have color (highlights) that was done by my previous hairdresser (2 years ago). I'm sure she used permanent since there is still color on the ends of my hair. Since I shampoo twice a week, think I will do permanent. This will be the first time I have done it myself ... just don't want to spend $200 on my hair if I can do it myself.

It depends on what you want. No one can tell you that. You know that semi will come out after a month of washes and permanent will grow out. It's up to you. Your hair might do well with permanent color or better with semi. Only you can know that.

Have you ever colored before whether perm or semi?

R

Oh now I got more info! Yeah gurl do that ish yourself - I know that's right - SAVE MONEY! :D
Just know that your highlights may darken a bit since you are going darker then the color of the highlights. I recommend using Clairol's Textures & Tones line as it is made specifically for women of color for at home permanent box color. I have used Clairol before and I really like that brand. :) You can find them at Walgreens or CVS. Just do a search on the store's website as not all locations carry it. I had to drive 20 mins away to pick up my boxes even though there is a closer location 5 mins from my house, they just don't carry it. Or order online. :)

Pls post pics once done! We LOVE pics!!!

Back