Color Treated Ladies: Question(s)

RubyWoo

1)For those of you that use permanent color can you deep condition w/heat or will that make the color fade faster?

2)Will color still fade if you deep condition w/heat with a product designed for color treated hair?

Lastly, have you had good results (hair health & color vibrancy) with deep conditioning without heat?

Please share.

For a deep conditioner on color treated hair I have used is

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=095B#Rosa Mosqueta® Nourishing Conditioner 11oz

Keep your true color shining through. Enhance your hair's natural beauty with this vitamin-rich moisturizing conditioner that fortifies hair fiber, rehydrates and detangles. Potent herbal oils help protect natural and color-treated hair from dryness and fading for vibrant, touchably soft hair and increased shine.

I deep condition with color treated hair under heat. I have had no problems. Although I use a lightner not an actual color per se ... not sure if this makes a difference. I use some products for colored treated and some are not.

Thanks for responding! Bumping for more responses!

ETA: If there is a thread like the one I posted out there, can someone please post it? I've searched and bumped one thread. I had a few questions that weren't addressed in previous threads I've read. I really would appreciate some help.

Thanks!

I use bigen also (brown-black) and I DC every week with ORS Pak. Sometimes with heat (15 to 20mins) and sometimes just walking around the house with a plastic bag on my hair for an hour or two. My color never fades. I have to redo my roots every month or so due to new growth.

1)For those of you that use permanent color can you deep condition w/heat or will that make the color fade faster? 2)Will color still fade if you deep condition w/heat with a product designed for color treated hair? Lastly, have you had good results (hair health & color vibrancy) with deep conditioning without heat? Please share. Thanks:)!
what color do you want to get ? reds fade fast and blonde gets brassy really nothing to do about it . but you can slow it down . i have deep conditioned w/o heat and no dc at all as well . dc conditioning , i really dont think messes up color . but i could be wrong . To me the shampoo i use matters much more , NOW that can strip color . non sulfate is the best way to go. dont dc after a color just a good reg con should do and dont wash your hair for at least a week after so color can set .

what color do you want to get ? reds fade fast and blonde gets brassy really nothing to do about it . but you can slow it down . i have deep conditioned w/o heat and no dc at all as well . dc conditioning , i really dont think messes up color . but i could be wrong . To me the shampoo i use matters much more , NOW that can strip color . non sulfate is the best way to go. dont dc after a color just a good reg con should do and dont wash your hair for at least a week after so color can set .

:yep: Totally agree with honeisos! It is the sulfate poo that fades and strips your color.

I DC with heat with no problem and I use the cheap dark & lovely black permanent hair color. I DC with HV Sitrilillah.

You should have no problem with permanent color; i do agree with above posters who said that certain colors fade faster and that sulfate shampoo's, etc. will cause it to fade faster or strip the color some.

Really, only if you have demi-permanent or semi-permanent can deep conditioning cause *some* problems because moisture can wash away some of the unstable color molecules. HTH!

Well, I already colored (last monday) and I colored the front of my hair red (Textures & Tones Ruby Rage 6R -permanent color). I just purchased and plan to use Abba color protect conditioner on Monday. The conditioner said that you can use heat for 15-20 min for deeper penetration but I was concerned about the color being compromised as a result.

Thank you for your help :)!! I was almost considering using Joico moisture recovery shampoo (it has sulfates). I now plan to purchase Abba color protect shampoo (it is sulfate free) and use that instead.

Well, I already colored (last monday) and I colored the front of my hair red (Textures & Tones Ruby Rage 6R -permanent color). I just purchased and plan to use Abba color protect conditioner on Monday. The conditioner said that you can use heat for 15-20 min for deeper penetration but I was concerned about the color being compromised as a result.

Thank you for your help :)!! I was almost considering using Joico moisture recovery shampoo (it has sulfates). I now plan to purchase Abba color protect shampoo (it is sulfate free) and use that instead.

I have Joico Moisture Recovery and though it lists sulfates, it hasnt faded my hair at all (dark brown base with dark red highlights):grin:

Thanks again for your help ladies. I ended up purchasing Abba Color protect shampoo today.

I shampooed and deep conditioned with my Abba Color protect products and my hair is :love:!! My hair is very soft, strong and the color in my hair is vibrant. I knew Abba would work well since I religiously use the Pure Moisture line and the Pure gentle leave-in. For those of you that are color treated, I highly recommend both products :)!

Old thread but this was the answer that I was looking for. I just dyed my hair jet black and will continue to do so, I was worried that my shampoo bar from Chagrin Valley would strip it, but it does not have any sulfates in it so that would mean it won't strip the color.

Thanks for bumping this. I want to lighten my hair but need to research products that will maintain the color since I also have to contend with gray hair. :-(

Thanks for bumping this. I want to lighten my hair but need to research products that will maintain the color since I also have to contend with gray hair. :-(

I have about 2 strands of gray hair in my whole head so I guess that will be my issue down the road too soon enough.:nono:

Back