Color Rinse/Semi-Permanent Hair Poll

What is the Dumbest thing a stylist has done or said to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
wave.gif
Hi! What is the best color rinse/semi-permanent color for u and why???

<font color="purple">Hey, Pooh! I chose other, by that I use Natural Instincts. It left my hair with incredible shine and has no ammonia. So it doesn't damage my hair like the permanent colors do. </font>

Adore, especailly the new one in the purple tube. It does not require heat and has lots of natural ingredients which colour and condition the hair really well.

ETA: This was in 2004! I now use Rage and React, its great, it fills in the cracks and leaves your hair soft/strong

Last edited:
Colourshines cause that what my hair dresser uses, she also has used one called Shimmer Lights that gives beautiful color but it gave me dandruff.

Natural Instincts all the way. :up: I love the color and how healthy my hair is with it. It is softer than before coloring it.

Right now I am experimenting by using a lighter color each time to see how close I can get to blonde. My pics are in the gallery. The next color will be posted soon.;)

sistawithsumthin said:
Natural Instincts all the way. :up: I love the color and how healthy my hair is with it. It is softer than before coloring it.

Right now I am experimenting by using a lighter color each time to see how close I can get to blonde. My pics are in the gallery. The next color will be posted soon.;)

Is that the demi-perm one? Do you do your own color or do you have your beautician do it?

I want to color my hair using natural instincts demi-perm but my beauticians keep scaring me saying all color (whether demi or perm.) will make your hair dry. I want black hair dang it!

I use Jazzings in Clear. I mostly just use it for shine since my hair is already as dark as I want it (for now). In the future, I might change to the Beautiful Collection

I use Sebastians in Coffee Bean. I like the look of dark hair and it gives me good shine too. :) It also covers my gray strands here and there. :grin:

Henna because it permanently colors AND conditions hair without any damage whatsoever. Henna deposits color on top of the hair and does not penetrate into the cortex to break down protein bonds like chemical dyes.

Princess I never use permanent color on my hair. The only time I did was when I kept it very short and didn't care about breakage. I don't know if there is a difference from Demi and Semi but I haven't had any problem with it.

While I was on vacation someone tried to slyly touch my hair and exclaimed "Oh it's soft!" I told her "Yeah I know you thought it was rough.":lol:

Allandra said:
My favorite permie color is Textures and Tones.

My favorite semi color is Sebastian Colourshines.

Where do you get your Sebastian Colourshines from? Do you have to order it?

i used the Bigen black a couple months ago not to cover gray (although it does this well). hair dried out just a bit but some dpr-11 solved that problem. i just wanted to color match my new growth to the older laxed hair - it never touched my skin except when i washed it out. dern chems lightened my hair to a reddish brown - blech! i'd not soak my head and scalp in it because of the PPD.

I would recommend Adore. I have used Sebastians and Beautiful but i can see the big difference with Adore. My hair was much more moisturized...

WhileI'd like ot eventually try henna, colorshines worked best for my relaxed hair. I hated Jazzing-it did nothing. Colorshines gave me color and shine. I used CoffeeBean.

When I was relaxed I Sebastien Colorshines in CoffeeBean. I tried the clear 1st in Jazzing and Colorshines and it did nothing. Thean I heard the clear was supposed to be used over color. CoffeeBean was a perfect dark brown/black color with a ton of shine! And I used the clear on top of it and I was blinging!

StrawberryQueen said:
When I was relaxed I Sebastien Colorshines in CoffeeBean. I tried the clear 1st in Jazzing and Colorshines and it did nothing. Thean I heard the clear was supposed to be used over color. CoffeeBean was a perfect dark brown/black color with a ton of shine! And I used the clear on top of it and I was blinging!

i didnt know this. i dont have any color and i used it last weekend and my hair got no shine at all but now i know why. i guess ill have to try an off black rinse to get some shine.

Poohbear said:
wave.gif
Hi! What is the best color rinse/semi-permanent color for u and why???

It really depends on what you are trying to achieve. The rinses will usually only show up in the sunlight. They are really super temporary, and won't lighten your hair at all. They just add subtle color. A semi-permanant, I believe that it has some peroxide or amonia,and will change the color of you hair, and although it does mostly rinse out in a certain amt of shampoos, w/ me I had some of the color stay in long after and had to grow it out like a permanent. I know that for me the best one (non drying) was natural essences. I really liked that one. I have tried several other brands including the tones & textures, and that stuff was really drying for my hair. I know a long time ago "afashionslave" had a post on nappturality in the hair styles section. If you do a search for her and all her posts on the site,you should be able to find it. It's super long,but loaded w/ info. You can always try to pm her here, or leave a msg for her on the fotki site. She really knows a bunch about that stuff!

BabyCurls said:
<font color="purple">Hey, Pooh! I chose other, by that I use Natural Instincts. It left my hair with incredible shine and has no ammonia. So it doesn't damage my hair like the permanent colors do. </font>

I use this same one usually and it gives me incredible shine as well. When i finish using it it feels as if i just did a deep conditioning.

Back