COLOR CATASTROPHE! PLEASE HELP!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I wanted to lighten my hair abit with a new color. I always looked good w. light brown hair when I relaxed, so I did use it on my natural hair. Instead of turning brown, it turned red.:eek: I don't like this color. IMO, it does not compliment me at all. How long do I wait to get rid of this color? Worse yet, I'm afraid that my hair will fall out if I attempt to fix the damage.:ohwell: Can U guys help me with tips, please?

Did you rinse it out too soon or were you dyeing over another color? You also have to be careful of the base of the color that you chose, some shades are cooler and some are warmer. I've also heard that if your hair winds up red you rinsed too soon. Some people's hair takes longer to dye than others and you may have rinsed before it got to the color you wanted. Call the number on the box and they can advise you what your next step should be. Cause I don't think you can use a color remover on what you've already done. Good luck!!!

I am just gonna have to suck it up and wear this horrible color.:ohwell: It made one side of my hair more straiter than it was. Sometimes I just wish I could leave well enough alone. Now my hair looks texlaxed. What can I do now?:blush:

You could do a strand test on a section w/ a darker shade in a rinse formula ie.. Beautiful Browns, Jazzing, Adore.

Then I'd concentrate on moisturizing conditioners & daily moisturizers.
HTH

msshic said:
You could do a strand test on a section w/ a darker shade in a rinse formula ie.. Beautiful Browns, Jazzing, Adore.

Then I'd concentrate on moisturizing conditioners & daily moisturizers.
HTH

I second the rinse idea! Please, whatever you do, don't re-color w/ another kit/bottle (whatever you used)!! I made the mistake of doing that 2 years ago and wound up cutting 3 inches of my hair because it started to shed like crazy from all the color processes. I had breakage and dry ends galoure!

Go out and buy a rinse. Try a cinnamon, golden blonde, anything in the brown family that will tone the red down. Or, to be on the safe side, just go back to black and once the rinse starts to fade, the red won't be noticeable.

Sorry that happened to you. Good luck! ;)

ETA: I really like Adore rinses!

lovelymissyoli said:
I second the rinse idea! Please, whatever you do, don't re-color w/ another kit/bottle (whatever you used)!! I made the mistake of doing that 2 years ago and wound up cutting 3 inches of my hair because it started to shed like crazy from all the color processes. I had breakage and dry ends galoure!

Go out and buy a rinse. Try a cinnamon, golden blonde, anything in the brown family that will tone the red down. Or, to be on the safe side, just go back to black and once the rinse starts to fade, the red won't be noticeable.

Sorry that happened to you. Good luck! ;)

ETA: I really like Adore rinses!

I agree with this suggestion.

Try Colorfix by Jherri Rhedding ...if will lift off some of the color. But then it will be a really light, weird color due to the bleach in your color lift (the color you just used used a bleach to lighten, then deposited a color. The colorfix will only remove the deposited color).

Then you'll need to use some gentle powder color in a really light color (don't go dark at all). That should work. Choose a shade just lighter than what you were really going for in the Bigen or Robert Craig line.

Sally's sells Colorfix. RobertCraig.com does too.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I've decided that if I can't find a rinse, I'll hold my head tall and deal with this weird color. My huuby was sweet enough to tell me it doesn't look bad. I also found a way to hide the most damaged part by wearing a headband in the front. This is the last time I'll try to do a lighter color on my natural hair. I can see now that the things that worked w/ my relaxed hair does not work on my natural hair. This is just another lesson learned on my natural journey.:)

Yes, use the color wheel, I think whatever makes brown, I think is green and red, but whatever you combine with red to get brown, find a rinse with that color....

Back