Cohabitating And The Wedding/ Marriage

syze6

For those of were living with their future husband, or living together with children was the whole wedding still exciting for you. Did you get the goosebumps as they say couple get who have never lived together or been in a long term relationship and have children.

I know a couple who finally married after being together for 10 years and they had a son. They lived together and she had a big wedding but said it wasn't really exciting because they had been together so long and had the child already. I'm thinking, that doesn't have to make it less special or does it?

Sorry ladies..for the duplicate thread. I hit the backwards button ad wasn't sure if I had click to post.

We live to together. We starting shacking officially after we got engaged last year.

I am soooooo excited about the wedding. Him, he is just starting to get excited now that its getting closer. I don't see how living together would take away the excitement of the ceremony of the reception.

It was still very exciting for me and the best day of my life. Despite us living together, I never treated our relationship like a marriage.

Our wedding day was gorgeous. We had a destination wedding in sunny Jamaica. To be surrounded by so much love and support in us making our relationship official was overwhelmingly awesome. I cried, my dad cried, my mom cried, my husband cried. We partied and celebrated the joining of our 2 families. It again was the best day of my life.

I don' encourage shacking but the wedding can still be exciting. Sex or living together may not be if you are already doing both but a wedding is significant.

Now, some people may treat your wedding differently, especially if you have lived together for a long time. No everyone does that though.

I lived with my husband prior to our wedding and I was excited and anxious moments before walking down the aisle. I do not care what anyone says, when you officially marry, it feels different. You are making a lifetime commitment.

For those of were living with their future husband, or living together with children was the whole wedding still exciting for you. Did you get the goosebumps as they say couple get who have never lived together or been in a long term relationship and have children.

I know a couple who finally married after being together for 10 years and they had a son. They lived together and she had a big wedding but said it wasn't really exciting because they had been together so long and had the child already. I'm thinking, that doesn't have to make it less special or does it?
People told me it was bad luck to see your husband the night before your wedding or day of. Um. That was so stupid to me. I mean we lived together for a year before we got married. Lol I cuddled up next to him the night before our wedding (no baby dancing for the week leading up to our marriage though). It still made me feel goosebumps lol. We planned a medium sized wedding (250 guests) and it was so surreal to know we'd take. A huge step in God's eyes towards finalizing our commitment to each other. I know most frown on cohabitation but I don't have any regrets at all. BUT with that said I had the type of guy that was begging me to marry him and I knew he wouldn't string me along. When we moved in he was ready for marriage. Well maybe not ready but ready to move towards it and do whatever he had to do.

I was watching an episode of Divorce court with this young couple. The young lady was calling herself the wife of the young man because they had been living together and in a long-term relationship. The judge told her being married and shacking up with someone is totally different and that she was not his wife. I've heard many women refer to themselves as the wife when they are living with their mate. I believe there is a different spirit that comes with being married opposed to living together and being together for years and I can't really put it into words.

People told me it was bad luck to see your husband the night before your wedding or day of. Um. That was so stupid to me. I mean we lived together for a year before we got married. Lol I cuddled up next to him the night before our wedding (no baby dancing for the week leading up to our marriage though). It still made me feel goosebumps lol. We planned a medium sized wedding (250 guests) and it was so surreal to know we'd take. A huge step in God's eyes towards finalizing our commitment to each other. I know most frown on cohabitation but I don't have any regrets at all. BUT with that said I had the type of guy that was begging me to marry him and I knew he wouldn't string me along. When we moved in he was ready for marriage. Well maybe not ready but ready to move towards it and do whatever he had to do.

My husband and I didn't part ways until hours before the wedding. Our hotel suite was just too gorgeous for us not to lie next to each other on the night before the wedding. The plan was for me to stay in my MIL's hotel room for the night but we ended up falling asleep to the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks just steps away from our balcony.

We lived together 2 yrs before and our wedding day was still special. We didnt spend the night before the wedding together. I had booked a suite to spend the night with my girls and my mom but they werent prepared so i spent it by myself and i was so nervous. I couldnt sleep so i was up till 3am fixing up the sash on my wedding dress :lol:
The wedding day and night itself was special :) shacking up had nothing do with those days. like...totally unrelated. nothing would have made it lackluster! nothing!!

Back