Coffee for Hair Growth!

Oh God that was worse than any CPR nightmare I EVER HAD

I guess the tea bags busted open, I have tea grounds/leaves/twigs all through my hair, and its getting everywhere, I rinsed and rinsed and know I dont have them all out yet, I cleaned and wiped a gazillion peices off my sink out of my sink over and over and I can still see them all in my hair, right now I just have a Honey/Olive oil rinse in my hair, and I give up for now, when it dries I'm going outside and shake it around like a mad woman to get it out :rocker:

I wont be doing tea bags ever again :wallbash:

btw I didnt feel anything, but maybe I was waiting to feel something and afraid, so I felt a little weird kinda sorta, but I'm ok haha

I was scared I was gonna get jitters like a mug,I used like six tea bags

Wow - I guess I was wrong about Coffee people! So many folks don't have a coffee maker!

Oh Well, as I said in theother thread - personal coffee makers are about 15 bucks. and you won't get any grounds in your hair.

actually I'm probably gonna go to the store and get coffee and a brewer so I can do this right later on, I hope that wont be too much

or should I wait?

i used my coffee/maka drops today, felt a little more lively. I had two shed hairs, 3 broken ones, i need to investigate and probably trim...so far, so great!

Update

after my hair is now mostly dry , just damp and taking it down and shaking out a gazillion pieces of tea some more, I am very happy with the results, its dark, shiny, soft and moist and this is exactly how I will be doing it from now on:yep::yep: minus the broken tea bags of course :grin:

I think I got it down now, and well I was just doing some reading up on this and I choose tea over coffee, for a few reasons, I will also be doing a Olive Oil , Honey and Tea regimen for my face nightly:yep:

I'm loving how my hair looks and feels ALOT:yep::yep::yep::yep:

:Copy of 2cool:

Last edited:
Hi, All!

I spritzed my scalp with coffee (plain) last night, I will do a deep rinse today, hopefully with ayurvedic powders...Thanks so much, LilBrownied, for this, this is really an unbelievable aid for shedding, and i know it'll work the same way for prolonged growth phase and regrowing lost hair...Blessings to ya, Chica!

The tea rinse as I reported in another thread decreased my shedding by amazing amounts

always been a major shedder, so this was major for me :yep:

I hope we get to keep the hair later that we are retaining through this caffeine blocking the DHT

I wonder also if the only way to keep it is with continued use, and once stopped, all that hair comes out? oh well , for now I'm gonna keep up with it 1x per week approximately

The tea rinse as I reported in another thread decreased my shedding by amazing amounts

always been a major shedder, so this was major for me :yep:

I hope we get to keep the hair later that we are retaining through this caffeine blocking the DHT

I wonder also if the only way to keep it is with continued use, and once stopped, all that hair comes out? oh well , for now I'm gonna keep up with it 1x per week approximately

Hi, All!

I spritzed my scalp with coffee (plain) last night, I will do a deep rinse today, hopefully with ayurvedic powders...Thanks so much, LilBrownied, for this, this is really an unbelievable aid for shedding, and i know it'll work the same way for prolonged growth phase and regrowing lost hair...Blessings to ya, Chica!

:grin::grin::grin: What a pleasant yet unexpected effect!! I'm so glad it's working for you!! It feels great contributing good info to the community.

I made my oil, last weekend, and I've been using it right before I MT all week. It made me light headed the first time I used it, but since then it's been fine.
The oil smells deliciously coffee, but SuperNose (DH) says he can't smell it on me, so that's good, I suppose.
My head was itching like mad yesterday, though.....

I've been doing the coffee rinses once a week, too - fresh brewed (second brew, but still) through my Senseo - as my final rinse after I DC. I haven't noticed any major reduction in sheds, but then I think my shedding level is perfectly normal, so, I dunno. We'll see!

Well, i just finished my ayurvedic coffee rinse....this time, i definitely felt the creepy crawly scalp sensation...YES! I left it on for about an hour, did my usual routine, then did a coffee spritz on scalp as a leave-in...

okay, i used brahmi, maka and amla powders along with coffee and brewed...let it cool, poured in an empty bottle and poured on my hair, aiming at scalp.

i think this will be my weekly routine...

I tried the coffee rinse today with some mint coffee that I really don't care for (didn't like the taste). It is not that dark or strong so I wasn't sure how it would take. Well, I am thrilled with the results! I washed with my Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair and then poured the brewed coffee over my hair and also added some Megasilk moisture treatment, put on a plastic cap with a towel over it for a little heat and let it sit for 30 mins. After rinsing out, I wasn't so sure of how my hair would do, but the shedding had decreased dramatically! I normally have handfuls of hair after washing, today I only had a few. I will definitely be doing this more often. Oh, and the color of my hair looks magnificent. I can only imagine what a darker, stronger coffee rinse will do.

Well, i just finished my ayurvedic coffee rinse....this time, i definitely felt the creepy crawly scalp sensation...YES! I left it on for about an hour, did my usual routine, then did a coffee spritz on scalp as a leave-in...

okay, i used brahmi, maka and amla powders along with coffee and brewed...let it cool, poured in an empty bottle and poured on my hair, aiming at scalp.

i think this will be my weekly routine...

this sounds good - i think i will try this! thanks for sharing the combo.

i was actually looking through a site that sold butter and they had coffee butter and I was wondering if that might do a double wammy... anyone know anything about that?

I absolutely love the dark sheen coffee is giving my hair.:grin: I apply the coffee to my hair and scalp once a week and leave it in for about 20 minutes then follow with a DC.

Hey ladies. When I wash and comb my hair weekly I notice a whole lot of shedding in the front and crown of my head. My scalp is usually extremely soar and itchy in the front, especially in the temple area where I have hairloss and some parts of the rest of my scalp. This week it was so unbearable so I made a spray of 1.50z witchhazel and 10 drops tea tree e.o. and sprayed on my scalp with immediate results and continued for 3 days. 99% of the itching stopped.

Yesterday I prepooed with about 4oz olive oil and 2tbl spoons coffee and covered with a plastic cap for 1 hour. I felt the creepy crawlies after 1/2 hour on different parts of my head at different times. I then washed and conditioned as usuall and then did a coffee rinse of 2tbl spoons coffee and 3 cups water which I left in and guess what? 99% of my shedding stopped. I usually would see a ton of hair with white tips leaving the front and top of my head everytime I comb thru, even with a large tooth comb, moisturizer and oil. Last night I baaaarrrrrellllllyyy saw anything come out.

So Idk if it was the tea tree and witch hazel mix or the coffee mix that did this or if it was a combo of both. I do know that once I put coffee on my edges and it eased the inflammation. Either way I'm not willing to experiment, I'll be doing both from now on. But I do think that it was the coffee that really made the difference in my shedding.

BIG UPS TO THE COFFEE THREAD!!!!!!

Hey ladies. When I wash and comb my hair weekly I notice a whole lot of shedding in the front and crown of my head. My scalp is usually extremely soar and itchy in the front, especially in the temple area where I have hairloss and some parts of the rest of my scalp. This week it was so unbearable so I made a spray of 1.50z witchhazel and 10 drops tea tree e.o. and sprayed on my scalp with immediate results and continued for 3 days. 99% of the itching stopped.

Yesterday I prepooed with about 4oz olive oil and 2tbl spoons coffee and covered with a plastic cap for 1 hour. I felt the creepy crawlies after 1/2 hour on different parts of my head at different times. I then washed and conditioned as usuall and then did a coffee rinse of 2tbl spoons coffee and 3 cups water which I left in and guess what? 99% of my shedding stopped. I usually would see a ton of hair with white tips leaving the front and top of my head everytime I comb thru, even with a large tooth comb, moisturizer and oil. Last night I baaaarrrrrellllllyyy saw anything come out.

So Idk if it was the tea tree and witch hazel mix or the coffee mix that did this or if it was a combo of both. I do know that once I put coffee on my edges and it eased the inflammation. Either way I'm not willing to experiment, I'll be doing both from now on. But I do think that it was the coffee that really made the difference in my shedding.

BIG UPS TO THE COFFEE THREAD!!!!!!
That's so awesome, GSista~ Hairloss is so serious. Those white bulbs at the ends give me the creeps. I'm glad you had such immediate success with this. I know the difference it made with my hair...OP did an awesome thing starting this thread...

FYI- In case anyone cares. Target has some coffee filters for .88!

I ended up with grounds in my hair last week :look:

Last edited:
Hey coffee lovers

When I took down my mini braids that had been coffee rinsed about twice, my ends had a brown tint which I didn't appreciate so I've slowed up on this. I hope to steep some coffee in oil and use it on my scalp periodically.

Happy so many people are still having great results. Thanks OP!

Does anyone have any experience using coffee butter?? Surely that must have a minute amont of caffiene in it....

I made my coffee butter over the weekend, too. Red Palm Butter, cocoa butter, mango butter, coconut oil and some jojoba oil, with three coffee packets (the pod type ones that go in the single serving coffee maker), and I let that bubble on a double boiler for about 2.5 hours.
It smells nicely of coffee, and I think I'll apply it right before my MT. :yep: Now I jsut need to find a small container that's actually empty to store it in. :rolleyes:
How's that Coffe Butter working out for you? I think this will be nice to use when I'm wearing my hair straight.

How's that Coffe Butter working out for you? I think this will be nice to use when I'm wearing my hair straight.

It's working out nicely. I should have added more oils to it/whipped it to make it a lil creamier, but otherwise, it's nice.

Check this out:

15088-002333.jpg

Frederic Fekkai MORE Nighttime Follicle-Stimulating Treatment targets hair density loss before and after it starts with a concentrated, continuous-release therapeutic dose of Niaplex that is blended with marine glycogen and caffeine.

Clinically proven to increase oxygenation of the follicle and to build the scalp's natural barrier for improved follicle health. Also creates visibly denser hair with a continuous-release niacin delivery system that feeds the scalp with a patented form of niacin to increase follicular nutrients and enhance the scalp's protective moisture barrier. Niaplex ™ supports healthy hair growth.

Directions:

For best results, apply at night on dry hair. Apply directly to the scalp in hair loss area and massage in with fingertips. Leave on overnight and shampoo in the morning. Niacin enriched formula may produce temporary redness on scalp after application.

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Diisopropyl Adipate, Myristyl Nicotinate, Steareth 21, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Ethylhexyl Nicotinate, Panthenol, Caffeine, Phytantriol, Glycogen, Cinnamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride, Cystine BG-PG-Propyl Slanetriol, Trisodium EDTA, Acrylates/Vinyl Isodecanoate Crosspolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Polysorbate 80, Glycerin, Steareth 2, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral, Coumarin, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool
- - - - - - - -
Just messin with the product junkies on the thread :grin:

It's working out nicely. I should have added more oils to it/whipped it to make it a lil creamier, but otherwise, it's nice.

I'm checking out this coffee butter on a site the ingredients are

Coffee arabica (coffee) seed oil & hydrogenated vegetable oil.

I would rather get the straight oil and whip up my own butter. I want to find something without water for my mix....

I saw that in the BSS, and just went :nono: over the fact that the first two ingredients are water and silicone. Hrumph.
And what's up with the Nicotinates? Derivatives of nicotine?

I'm checking out this coffee butter on a site the ingredients are

Coffee arabica (coffee) seed oil & hydrogenated vegetable oil.

I would rather get the straight oil and whip up my own butter. I want to find something without water for my mix....

Oooh, pure coffee seed oil would be nice! :yep: I would add that directly to my MT!

Check this out:

15088-002333.jpg

Frederic Fekkai MORE Nighttime Follicle-Stimulating Treatment targets hair density loss before and after it starts with a concentrated, continuous-release therapeutic dose of Niaplex that is blended with marine glycogen and caffeine.

Clinically proven to increase oxygenation of the follicle and to build the scalp's natural barrier for improved follicle health. Also creates visibly denser hair with a continuous-release niacin delivery system that feeds the scalp with a patented form of niacin to increase follicular nutrients and enhance the scalp's protective moisture barrier. Niaplex ™ supports healthy hair growth.

Directions:

For best results, apply at night on dry hair. Apply directly to the scalp in hair loss area and massage in with fingertips. Leave on overnight and shampoo in the morning. Niacin enriched formula may produce temporary redness on scalp after application.

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Diisopropyl Adipate, Myristyl Nicotinate, Steareth 21, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Ethylhexyl Nicotinate, Panthenol, Caffeine, Phytantriol, Glycogen, Cinnamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride, Cystine BG-PG-Propyl Slanetriol, Trisodium EDTA, Acrylates/Vinyl Isodecanoate Crosspolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Polysorbate 80, Glycerin, Steareth 2, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral, Coumarin, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool
- - - - - - - -
Just messin with the product junkies on the thread :grin:

Awfully complex.....

Naw, What is this chemical soup???:nono:

Back