COD LIVER OIL??

Chocolatelove2010

I read, and heard from quite a few people that cod liver oil is good for you. So I went out and bought it. The reccommended amount is 2 tea spoons. I felt sick after one.. it was just nasty :nono:

Has anybody taken it? If so did you see a BIG difference. I'm willing to hurt my taste buds for a little while if it's worth it :lachen:

Please share your experience. :grin:

Last edited:
bumping for more responses.
I don't know if it is good for your hair etc. but as a child i used to take cod liver oil, but it had orange flavouring and i found the taste quite pleasant, maybe you could try something like that?

seven-seas-orange-syrup-cod-liver-oil-300ml-14113884.jpeg

bumping for more responses.
I don't know if it is good for your hair etc. but as a child i used to take cod liver oil, but it had orange flavouring and i found the taste quite pleasant, maybe you could try something like that?

Ahhhh, I didn't see any flavouring I just bought the 'pure' cod liver oil :lachen:

I will definitely try that one. Thanks :drunk:

I use to drink cod liver oil when I was younger and hated the stuff. What I take now is fish oil capsules.

Does anyone sell Scott's Emulsion anymore? I used to have that as a kid and it was creamy and OK so I never understood why kids hated taking their cod liver oil, till I went to the UK and bought "orange flavored cod liver oil" which wasn't creamy and white but looked like clear oil. :barf: THEN I understood why kids hated it. It was this unpalatable oily texture with the strong smell of fish and orange. :barf:

I recently bought Barlean's Omega Swirl Fish Oil
OmegaSwirlLemonZest_lg.jpg

...and it was creamy like Scott's used to be and had a citrus flavor. Now THAT I can deal with. :yep: You should check out their other Omega Swirl EFA sources: http://www.barleans.com/omega_swirl.asp#.html

Does anyone sell Scott's Emulsion anymore? I used to have that as a kid and it was creamy and OK so I never understood why kids hated taking their cod liver oil, till I went to the UK and bought "orange flavored cod liver oil" which wasn't creamy and white but looked like clear oil. :barf: THEN I understood why kids hated it. It was this unpalatable oily texture with the strong smell of fish and orange. :barf:

l

EXACTLY :lachen:

What I have right now is clear oil. Looks like something I should put on my hair, rather than drink. :sad:

Thanks.. I'll check out the Barlean's Omega Swirl Fish Oil. I'll trust you on that :grin:

I take Carlson's lemon flavored cod liver oil. I don't know if it does anything for my hair but my skin and my immune system really love it!

OmegaSwirlLemonZest_lg.jpg

...and it was creamy like Scott's used to be and had a citrus flavor. Now THAT I can deal with. :yep: You should check out their other Omega Swirl EFA sources: http://www.barleans.com/omega_swirl.asp#.html

If you live in NYC you can find Scott's Emulsion whereever Jamaicans live. For example, 225 Street on White Plains Road.

Taking me back to childhood every day my mother lined us up and jam that tbsp of yuck down our throats. LOL It was nasty but we were very healthy kids and really get sick even to this day i'm still going strong, now i take the capsules but remember to take with a meal bcuz once you stomach acid gets to that capsule and you burp ouch you can taste the fish. Its good for you really it is.

My grandmother used to make me take a spoonful every time I went to her house. Ugh, that stuff was nasty. But when I was in Brazil shopping in a drugstore I bought some, more so out of nostalgia. I take fish oil by the liquid and capsule, but I haven't seen any difference in my hair or skin.

my mom would give us a teaspoon each morning and it taste like death but we didn't miss a day from school. Since they are in capsule form I'll use them again but I will not use the liquid form. My body is too sensitive and I develop aversions really quick.

my mom would give us a teaspoon each morning and it taste like death but we didn't miss a day from school. Since they are in capsule form I'll use them again but I will not use the liquid form. My body is too sensitive and I develop aversions really quick.

That was my mom too. Everytime she heard any of us sneeze or cough, she broke out the Scott emulsion and give us all a spoonful each :barf: It was a terror!

This was the pic on the box.
Scotts+resized.jpg
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

BARF!!!!!!!!!!! This stuffed was shoved down my throat until i was about 14!!!!!

Interestingly enough, i will take cod liver oil or my Omega oils now that i'm grown. I see great improvement with my skin when i do it.

I will never take it 'raw' ever again.

i use to take one large spoon full every morning malted cod liver oil, it was so good for my skin, I didn't use lotion for years. But you coudn't pay me to take it now. I grew up in a jamican home my friends never even heard of it.

It was so nasty I had to hold my noses while I swallowed it. oh so gross! it took me a few months to get use to it to the point it didn't bother me but we ran out and my aunt didn't get anymore and so I haven't taken it since I was a teenager.

I haven't had cod liver oil since I was child. I'm having flashbacks of my great aunt holding my head while my mother forced that crap down my throat with some orange juice as a chaser.

I used to buy Cherry Cod Liver Oil from Walgreens. But it had to be a Walgreens in the hood. I don't know if they still sell it though.

Now, I take 2 capsules of Fish Oil.

Back