Coconut oil

billyne

hi...can someone please tell me a good website to purchase pure coconut oil for my hair? Is there a special kind I should get? thanks!

I like Virgin Coconuct Cream and Monoi. You can get both kinds of coconut oils at fromnaturewithlove.com. You can get organic virgin coconut cream from natureswildchild.com

umm just go to walmart and get the coconut oil. its called louana. if u dont want that, try to look for dabur anmol coconut oil at any indian store or something similar. vitamin shoppe also has coconut oil

blueMoon said:
I like Virgin Coconuct Cream and Monoi. You can get both kinds of coconut oils at fromnaturewithlove.com. You can get organic virgin coconut cream from natureswildchild.com

I have ordered from them several times. Don't forget to do a conditioning treatment after using the coconut oil.

dlewis said:
I have ordered from them several times. Don't forget to do a conditioning treatment after using the coconut oil.

I'm just curious: why would you need to do a conditioning treatment after using coconut oil? TIA.

classimami713 said:
I'm just curious: why would you need to do a conditioning treatment after using coconut oil? TIA.

thanks for the info everybody.....I would like to know about the conditioning treatment too.

toosexy1 said:
umm just go to walmart and get the coconut oil. its called louana. if u dont want that, try to look for dabur anmol coconut oil at any indian store or something similar. vitamin shoppe also has coconut oil
I am afraid to use Dabur products b/c of the mineral oil. Is there mineral oil in the louana?

I use LouAnna and I purchased from Wal-mart for under 3 bucks. It is solid but can become liquid as the temperature changes. It is very light and does not have a fragrance. I like it on my hair. HTH

dlewis said:

Hi Dlewis. I am new to the coconut oil thing but I have been looking for pure coconut oil too. I was just going to use it like I would olive or amla oils. But, you are saying a conditioning treatment must be used afterwards? Is pure coconut oil considered a protein treatment? SKOOL ME! :confused:

Originally Posted by Mestiza
I was just about to suggest that! My hair loves it! :love:

carribean_dream said:
How and when do you use it? Can you only use it for a certain amount of days?

I mix Coconut Oil w/ conditioners, other oils and use it by itself on my hair. I use it numerous times a week. It's light and makes my hair feel so good. This is one of my favorite oils. :drunk:

Is this the Louana that's in the food aisle, or at this time of year, in the CENTER of the walking aisles?

I bought some today from vitamin world. $11 for 1 lb of extra virgin unrefined pure coconut oil (faint smell of coconut milk). It's shelved with the dietary supplements. The same (or similar) product is $15 from fromnaturewithlove.com. You can also go to their website www.vitaminworld.com.

I use a small amount daily on my ends, when I use my Caruso Rollers (w/end papers- thanks to Serenity Breeze), and when I use my steam flat iron. It has been very help especially during the cold weather. It coats the ends well. I also noticed that when I wash my hair my hair is much softer and less likely to tangle. HTH Oh, BTW, sometimes because of the cold weather, maybe twice a week I might put some on my scalp too. It is very light and does not have that greasy feeling. I use it sparingly.
carribean_dream said:
How and when do you use it? Can you only use it for a certain amount of days?

Last edited:
Yes, it is. It works well,is reasonably priced, and gives a very nice shine without the greasy feel. HTH Also, it does not have a fragrance, which I like because in the summer I would not want to attract insects and anytime throughout the year,I would not want the fragrance to interfere with my chosen body fragrance or perfume.

mermaid said:
Is this the Louana that's in the food aisle, or at this time of year, in the CENTER of the walking aisles?

Last edited:
Back