COCONUT OIL

KPH

House Head
Those jars of coconut oil I see in some of the fotkis, where do you all find them or are they ordered online?

I just bought some coconut oil from my local health food store. Are any of you using some of your oil for sunscreen/moisturizer for your skin?

I get mine from Whole Foods. I can't remember exactly how much it cost, but I want to say around $9 or so.

I use Spectrum brand and I get it from Ukrops grocery store. Food Lion has it as well and probably Bloom.

It's around $8 for the unrefined kind and a little cheaper for refined.

I just bought some coconut oil from my local health food store. Are any of you using some of your oil for sunscreen/moisturizer for your skin?

I do. I ran out of Jergens Body Lotion and I'm on a use natural stuff kick (not crazy, just a kick) and it saves heck of a lot money. It lasts forever and I put it on just like lotion right after the shower. I find that I don't really have to put any one after the next shower. It also has anti-fungal properties so any scars or skin irritations you have...coconut oil works it right on out. :yep:

I think I payed 6 or 7 dollars. A little goes a long way.

I didn't realize it is used for sunscreen as well:yawn:

I do. I ran out of Jergens Body Lotion and I'm on a use natural stuff kick (not crazy, just a kick) and it saves heck of a lot money. It lasts forever and I put it on just like lotion right after the shower. I find that I don't really have to put any one after the next shower. It also has anti-fungal properties so any scars or skin irritations you have...coconut oil works it right on out. :yep:

Thanks! I have a big bottle I bought and I planned on using it for sunscreen.

I just bought a 16 oz jar of "Extra Virgin, Certified Organic Coconut Oil" (I guess that means unrefined?) from GNC last night. It was on sale for $8.77.

The poster "DSylla" had mentioned in another thread that sunscreen might cause cancer so she has been using coconut oil. I hope she sees this thread and comes in here to give her POV about using coconut oil as a sunscreen.

I get mine at VitaminShoppe. Pay about $9. Wow, I didn't know it's also a sunscreen. I need to start using it on my skin. Thanks for the tip!

I bought my Spectrum Coconut Oil from the VitaminShoppe for about $6. Mine must be Refined because it doesn't have too much of a smell.

I just realized that WalMart sells a container that looks to be about 16oz for around $10 in their vitamin section.

I just realized that WalMart sells a container that looks to be about 16oz for around $10 in their vitamin section.

Yes! This is true. I've been meaning to get one, but I don't go there too often. But the next time I do go, I will definitely pick one up!

I bought my Spectrum Coconut Oil from the VitaminShoppe for about $6. Mine must be Refined because it doesn't have too much of a smell.

It should tell you on the bottom of the bottle, if it's unrefined or not. My Spectrum Coconut Oil has a heavenly scent of coconuts!

The one I got from Walmart didn't have a smell.....I get mine from Indian grocery store......But they do have it at vitamin stores...But they cost a couple of dollars more....

Puritansale.com, if it hasn't already been mentioned in this thread.

I purchased a 16oz of coconut oil for $5.99. Shipping is only $3.95 flat rate.

I'm finding that since using the coconut oil on my hair, it has reduced the shrinkage. I cowash every night and cornrow, then do a braidout in the morning, and my hair does not shrink as much.

I am in love with the smell of the coconut oil..The smell reminds me of the coconut Girl Scout cookies.

Back