Coconut Cream on Relaxed Heads

kittie43

After hearing so many good things about coconut cream for the new growth, I wanted to try it to help me stretch my relaxer.

How long should I leave it on for?

Can I put it on my relaxed ends? Will it help to condition them?

I cowash almost everyday because I work out frequently. How long does the "straigthening effect" last?

TIA

I make a conditioner out of it. The ingredients are: coconut cream, full fat yogurt, olive oil, and honey.

I have used avocado in the past...but its really messy so I would only use avocado oil from now on.

The last 2 times I made it I put unflavored gelatin powder in it. I will not be doing that again because I end up picking gelatin chunks out of my hair.

I mix everything together and let it sit in the fridge for a day so it can thicken up. I apply it with a relaxer/color applicator brush (all the way out to the ends), put on a plastic cap, and then sit under the dryer for 20 - 30 minutes.

Somehow it leaves my hair really strong but moisturized at the same time. And it smells great!

I just Poured it on, Massaged it In, Put a Coupla' Plastic Caps on, a cotton strip around the cap(s) to catch any kind of leaks/drips and left it on for about 30 minutes to an hour. It is really sticky, so rinse really well.:look:

But it left my hair, strong, soft, shiny and uber moisturized.:yep:

I make a conditioner out of it. The ingredients are: coconut cream, full fat yogurt, olive oil, and honey.

I have used avocado in the past...but its really messy so I would only use avocado oil from now on.

The last 2 times I made it I put unflavored gelatin powder in it. I will not be doing that again because I end up picking gelatin chunks out of my hair.

I mix everything together and let it sit in the fridge for a day so it can thicken up. I apply it with a relaxer/color applicator brush (all the way out to the ends), put on a plastic cap, and then sit under the dryer for 20 - 30 minutes.

Somehow it leaves my hair really strong but moisturized at the same time. And it smells great!

Sounds good. How many weeks post are you when you do this treatment?

I did that (and my co-workers did as well ... actually one of the girls is not using relaxers anymore because of that, of course her hair is like 3a or something like that)
Well my mixture includes :
- Coconut cream or milk
- Lime juice
- baking soda
- EVOO

I also puted into my whole head, and then cover itt with a plastic bag ans let it stay for about two hours in my hair (no dryer or steamer used), the washed normally and dryed. Back then i used to wash my hair once per week and it left my hair good untill the other week, i mean i used it every other week.

I recentrly put plain yogurt in my hair, anything else added, and it loosen my curls a lot! so i guess you can also use that from time to time

Back