CO Washes - What is your technique?

Carlie

A few questions...

How long do you allow the conditioner to stay in your hair?
Do you rinse it out immediately?
Do you cover w. a cap?
Do you apply it to dry or wet hair?
Do you do 1 or 2 CO Washes (ex: CO rinse repeat) or do you follow your 1st conditioner with a 2nd conditioner?
Do you add anything to your conditioners?
Lastly, which conditioners do you use?

TIA!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

well, i normally slather on some as soon as i wet my hair. i leave it on while i shower (i take looooooooooong showers) i detangle..massage...use a wide tooth comb to comb through...rinse..and move on.

on a deep conditioning day..i do the same then follow up with AO conditioner..put on a cap and move on..rinsing out a while later.

i will apply to wet and dry hair..but i prefer applying to wet hair. i do not add anything to my conditioners.

I co-wash daily and usually dampen my hair with some water from the bathroom sink, then slather on some conditioner. I alternate between Suave Milk & Honey, Miss Keys 10 en 1, Nexxus Humectress, NTM Daily Deep, or LeKair Cholesterol w/Aloe. I leave it on during my shower, then add a lil more water, massage for about 3 minutes, then rinse. On deep conditioning days, I put on a cap then use my Micro haircap for about an hour. Only to my Suave (I use it most often) do I add peppermint and rosemary e.o.'s and some MSM.

Well i do double cw, i usually wet my hair first and add a good amount of CHEAPIE CONDITIONERS (vo5 kiwi and lime squeeze or pantene). I massage it into hair like a shampoo, rinse then repeat, for a few minutes. Afterwards i add a heavy moisturising conditioner for 30-60minutes and cover with a plastic conditioning cap I use Nexxus Humectress, Keracare humecto, motions cpr/silk protein or diluted lekair cholesterol.

I wet my hair, rinse my scalp, slather on the conditioner, esepcially on my scalp. Then I try to lather it up as I would w/shampoo. After that I wash my face and body. Comb my hair and rinse it simultaneously. I rinse my scalp extra well.

I dampen my ends and apply suave milk and honey, vo5 strawberries & cream or vo5 hydrators glacial splash about 5 mins before I get in the shower. I rinse and apply vo5 S&C or Suave Humuctant. I cover with a plastic cap and finish my shower. I rinse well with cool water, finger cmb and move on to the leave in.

-> As long as it takes me to complete showering, about 10 mintues.

-> Yep, right before getting out of the shower.

Do you cover w. a cap?
-> No, the only time I use a cap is when I'm doing a deep conditioning treatment (about once every other month or so)

-> Dripping wet hair.

Do you do 1 or 2 CO Washes (ex: CO rinse repeat) or do you follow your 1st conditioner with a 2nd conditioner?
-> It depends, generally I only do one wash because I conditioner wash almost daily. I only use one conditioner at a time unless I run out and have to finish with another kind of conditioner.

-> No, I would like to, but just haven't gotten around to experimenting with it.

-> Various VO5's and Suaves, lately my favorites have been Daily Defense Tender Apple, Suave Awapuhi, and VO5 Blueberries & Cream.

Wow, what a wealth of information!!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif You ladies really are the best! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif I'm learning so much from everyone's responses...Please keep 'em coming... /images/graemlins/user.gif

It depends on if I'm in a hurry or not. For a regular nothing special CO-wash I'll put the conditioner in my hair while in the shower and let it sit while I wash my body.

Not normally.

Do you cover w. a cap?

Not normally

Wet.

I normally just wash then rinse lightly.

Sometimes, oils are added.

Many, many, many-but my favs are Suave coconut & herbal conditioner. I might even CO wash with a Heavier deep conditioner-depends
on my hair.

I wet my hair, apply the conditioner, let it sit on my hair for 3 to 5 minutes, comb through and rinse out. I never massage my scalp when I do this method (only do that when I shampoo my hair).

15-20 min
No
Do you cover w. a cap?
Yes
Wet
ACV Rinse or just a thorough rinse, then step out of shower and apply cond. and plastic cap.
No
I have used Rysell Coconut, Dudley's Moist. Cond., GPB, Alfa Parf Real Cream, Kenra MC, etc

I've only done a couple of co washes but would like to do them more often. Normally, I'd use Herbal Essences Co for Dry/Damaged hair....I love the way it makes my hair feel. But the last time I did one, I used White Rain Extra Body Conditioner and Lord have mercy! /images/graemlins/love.gif

LOL, what I did was, I took a generous amount and mixed it a plastic bowl w. a good amount of pure honey. I applied it throughout my hair while dry (not on my scalp) and covered w. a conditioner cap. After my shower, I took off the cap and rinsed the conditioner out of my hair w. warm water. I then applied the remaining amount of co I had left and applied this time, throughout my roots and throughout the length of my hair...and then immediately rinsed w. cooler water. It was like magic. My hair had this shine like never before....it felt so moist and the comb slid through like butter. I didn't have to add any addt'l products. I just put in a bun to airdry and the next day, the shine was unbelievable. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

This was back in August...
Here's a pic of the shine I had that next morning when I took out my bun/no products added:
nextmornafterhoneycondit.jpg
wrebhoney1.jpg

This is the same pic, only 1 is in b&w.

About 5 minutes. Depends on how long I'm in the shower for.

Do you rinse it out immediately? Yes

Do you cover w. a cap? No, only when I deep condition

I wet my hair first but sometimes I apply the conditioner to dry hair if I'm feeling lazy.

1 usually. 2 if my hair was extremely dry. I use 1 conditioner.

Do you add anything to your conditioners? No. not recently.

Lastly, which conditioners do you use? I love suave coconut. I always come back to this. I like suave Biobasics too.

For as long as my shower.

Right before I get out the shower.

Do you cover w. a cap?
Not normally.

Wet hair.

It depends sometimes I "wash" with a cheapie conditioner (V05 or Pantene) and then I will condition with a heavier one and use a cap, this is for my weekly conditioner washes not the daily or every other daily ones.

Not usually.

V05 Strawberries and Cream, Blueberries and Cream, or Pina Colada
PanteneCurl something

My method is that I add a teaspoon of conditoner, some rosewater and glycerine, half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda (water softner) to a 50 ml container, add a little water to dissolve the conditioner and other contents, then add water to fill up the bottle. Then wet my hair under the shower and then pour the conditoner over my hair, then wrap my hair in a towel for 10-15 mins, spray surge 14 on my roots and all over my hair, then put castor oil on my roots.

About 5-6 minutes
No
Do you cover w. a cap?
No...I only apply it with a cap when I deep condition (about once/twice a week)
Wet.
Just one, although I usually follow with a leave-in (either Surge14 Plus or Infusium 23)
Sometimes, I add oils (jojoba, olive, and/or castor)
Kenra MC, Nexxus Humectress, or Mizani Fulfyl, but I keep meaning to pick up Suave Milk and Honey, since I hear raves about it for CO washes.

I'm only speaking for myself: I like to treat myself w. a co wash, every now and then, because I find it extremely hydrating to my hair and it is very gentle on the hair as well. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just did a CO Wash yesterday using Herbal Essences, again applying to dry hair and then rinsing out later in the shower and applying again to wet hair and being almost 4 mths post.../images/graemlins/love.gif I don't think I'll be shampooing for a while. I think I'm just going to Co Wash for a while and clarify before I touchup. This is just what my hair needed! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I just did a CO Wash yesterday using Herbal Essences, again applying to dry hair and then rinsing out later in the shower and applying again to wet hair and being almost 4 mths post.../images/graemlins/love.gif I don't think I'll be shampooing for a while. I think I'm just going to Co Wash for a while and clarify before I touchup. This is just what my hair needed! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

CO Washes are great for extending your relaxer. I found a conditioner here that makes my hair feel great(soft, shiney and easy to comb through).

How long do you allow the conditioner to stay in your hair?- On average 10 minutes

Do you rinse it out immediately? If I can... sometimes I apply it and have to do something else so it stays in a little longer.

Do you cover w. a cap?-No

Do you apply it to dry or wet hair?-Dry hair

Do you do 1 or 2 CO Washes (ex: CO rinse repeat) or do you follow your 1st conditioner with a 2nd conditioner? -I do it once

Do you add anything to your conditioners?-water

Lastly, which conditioners do you use?- Assorted V05 conditioners

-I let it stay on for 10-12 mins on average.

-I rinse it out right before I get out of the shower.

-I cover my hair with a cap and towel.

-I apply to wet hair.

-I do a 1st conditioner for 5 mins, and a 2nd for 5 mins.

-Don't add anything to my conditioner regularly. If for some reason my hair is very dry, I will add EVOO.

-I use Physique Deep Hydrating Conditioner, Aussie Moist, or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle DEEEP w/Tea Tree Oil for my CO washes.

I conditioner wash two different ways

In the gym I wet hair in the shower then put in Nioxin Scalp Therapy conditioner. I leave in hair no cap. Shower, Rinse, add leave in and oils then put in a bun. I like this feeling after working out feels minty on my scalp.

At home I usually do a pre-poo treatment with Aubrey's GPB protein conditioner on dry hair 15 min. Then rinse and use Vo5 conditoner (any one) with a pea size amount of NTM shampoo. Rinse and add NTM mask for remainder of shower, rinse, detangle add leave ins....

Back