Co washers!! Is it ok to use ACV rinses or baking soda rinses

leleepop

to replace your shampoo? I seem to be getting buildup from my shampoo and was wondering is ACV and/or baking soda rinses are good enough to get rid of bulidup from cones. I love my cones so I cant completely eliminate all of them.TIA:)

Depends on which cones. For the most part, the answer is no. But there are water soluble cones.

It's rare that I hear about build up from a shampoo. What makes you think it is your shampoo that is causing build up and not some other thing...like the cones? Just curious. Which shampoo are you using and which cones?

I use CON and ubh lotion creme....dimenthicone is basically the only one. I also use fantasia IC sparkillette gel etc. Most of my staple products have the dimenthicone....I also think this cone is water soluble so I thought that ACV or BAking soda was alright but didnt know for sure.... What do yall think? and bumping!!!

Last edited:
I've never done baking soda rinses, but I have done ACV rinses. I've never used them to replace my poo tho. I don't even use them to clarify. I use ACV to correct porosity problems and reduce the PH of my hair and that's it.

Dimethicone is not water-soluble. This cone will start building up, and eventually dry your hair out. You should use shampoo to get it out.

Ebonygurl00 said:
Dimethicone is not water-soluble. This cone will start building up, and eventually dry your hair out. You should use shampoo to get it out.

I second this. ACV rinses will not remove non -water soluble cones. The way you can identify a water soluble cone is by the notation Peg followed by a number after (sometimes before) the cone. It would read something like dimethicone PEG 30.

I don't know if this clarifies...but I use about a tablespoon of baking soda in my Cream of Nature shampoo with a little bit of peppermint oil, this makes my scalp feel really clean and gets rid of any buildup

testimony777 said:
I second this. ACV rinses will not remove non -water soluble cones. The way you can identify a water soluble cone is by the notation Peg followed by a number after (sometimes before) the cone. It would read something like dimethicone PEG 30.

Is there one product that wil remove all types of cones build up?

Back