Co-wash? What does this mean.

cheche

Ladies, I repeatedly see the word co-wash or pre-poo in different posts. Can someone please tell me what these phrases mean and what products are used for this? I am trying to establish a healthy hair routine for me and my daughter, and this may be something I can incorporate into it. Thanks ladies

Last edited:
Pre-poo means a Pre-shampoo treatment. Any type of conditioning routine that you would do before you perform your normal shampoo/conditioner. Its almost like a hot-oil treatment...same concept, except you arent using a boxed and package hot oil product. hope that wasnt confusing...or maybe another member has a better explanation.

atlien11 said:
Pre-poo means a Pre-shampoo treatment. Any type of conditioning routine that you would do before you perform your normal shampoo/conditioner. Its almost like a hot-oil treatment...same concept, except you arent using a boxed and package hot oil product. hope that wasnt confusing...or maybe another member has a better explanation.
I think I got it. Now...what does this do for the hair? An extre boost of softness?

naturallady said:
I think I got it. Now...what does this do for the hair? An extre boost of softness?

I believe so. It's made a huge difference in my hair. Back in the day I used hot oils as a pre-poo.... then I switched to cheapie conditioners.... then I started mixing oils with my conditioners. They definitely curbed breakage and dryness for my grass. Much better than shampooing and conditioning alone.

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
I believe so. It's made a huge difference in my hair. Back in the day I used hot oils as a pre-poo.... then I switched to cheapie conditioners.... then I started mixing oils with my conditioners. They definitely curbed breakage and dryness for my grass. Much better than shampooing and conditioning alone.
Thanks! So you just put the con. on dry hair and let it sit like a DC, right? Excuse my ignorance!

Back