Co- wash & Braids

Can you co-wash when you have braids on? Does it wash out completly, doesn't it make the hair fuzzy? I'm new to this washing frequently, all the braiders I've had in the past told me never to wash my hair just to spray it. I feel pretty foolish about it coz it did nothing for my hair and when I took the braids out it would be knotted & filthy. Also, what kind of conditioners encourage growth?

Last edited:
The best way to wash and condition braids is with diluted products. 2 parts product and 1 part water or half and half. I've used diluted pantene products in the past and my hair was very healthy when I took the braids out. Whatever you use definitely dilute it to minimize build up. Also, check out www.growafrohairlong.com for the crown and glory braid method. Alot of ladies testify to this method and if I ever braid again this is what I'm going to try.

I completely advotate the use of co-washes with braids, twists or cornrows...when you take your hair out of them and wash it will be so incredibly moisturised. I would definitely reccommmed the Crown & Glory technique...I would also reccommend Suave Natural Conditioner in Tropical Coconut...that stuff is the bomb.

Back