Classic to Mid-Thigh Length 2011 Challenge

I'm trying to figure out how I can do my first update tomorrow. I have no camera anymore.

Maybe I can make a video and take a screen shot afterwards. Hmmm... sounds like a plan! I'll give it a try. :)

Celina you are funny. lol!

there you are!!! we've been looking for you on bhm!

have you cut yet?!?! i did

Hi Neekie! Well, I cut about an inch off. I will have to go and check out your pics. I heard you had done it, but I don't think I have seen the pictures. You didn't cut off a lot did you? Will I faint when I see the pictures? You scared me once this week already. lol

Here's my starting pic (done with my webcam):

vlcsnap2010123119h40m35.png

I flat ironed for the first time in about 18 months. I haven't decided yet, but I think I am transitioning. :) I'm about 7 months post now.

Hooray for the new year!

oooh!!! i would love to see all that hair in its natural state :D

yeah i cut but not that much at all. i cut like maybe an inch off though i originally wanted to do 2, but i chickened out lol

you can see the pix on the no trim thread on bhm

oooh!!! i would love to see all that hair in its natural state :D

yeah i cut but not that much at all. i cut like maybe an inch off though i originally wanted to do 2, but i chickened out lol

you can see the pix on the no trim thread on bhm

I saw them! It turned out well! How did you cut so straight across? I always make myself lopsided when I trim. Did it fix the tangle problem? It's good now? I hope so. I trimmed for the same reason... among other things.

Your hair grows so fast. Armed with your secret weapon (milk), you never would have had time to miss that extra inch before it grew back.:yep:

We lasted pretty long with the no-trim, though. :) You sure you don't wanna go at it for another year? I am gonna find out if "lead hairs" is for true, and go for one more year.

I saw them! It turned out well! How did you cut so straight across? I always make myself lopsided when I trim. Did it fix the tangle problem? It's good now? I hope so. I trimmed for the same reason... among other things.

Your hair grows so fast. Armed with your secret weapon (milk), you never would have had time to miss that extra inch before it grew back.:yep:

We lasted pretty long with the no-trim, though. :) You sure you don't wanna go at it for another year? I am gonna find out if "lead hairs" is for true, and go for one more year.

all i did was pull my hair into a pony tail on the front of my head and then pull the hair tie down the pony and then snipped off the end

i think i will have to just root you guys on for the 2nd challenge. i want to trim every 6mos or so. my ends look 8up to me lol so i want to the scissors close at hand.

but i for sure have been cured of being scissor happy and letting other people touch my hair.

the trim really did help with the tangles in the back of my head but i gave a lot of raggedy pieces from when my hair broke off that i didnt trim and that part still tangles. so i have to be extra gentle with my crown so that it can catch up to the rest and get trimmed then

oh... and i have a big cold glass of leche right in front of me as i type. lmao i think its so funny that when ever someone mentions milk i seem to always be drinking it. i think my moms was right and that i do go through milk like a new born lol

Hi Neekie! Well, I cut about an inch off. I will have to go and check out your pics. I heard you had done it, but I don't think I have seen the pictures. You didn't cut off a lot did you? Will I faint when I see the pictures? You scared me once this week already. lol

Here's my starting pic (done with my webcam):

vlcsnap2010123119h40m35.png

I flat ironed for the first time in about 18 months. I haven't decided yet, but I think I am transitioning. :) I'm about 7 months post now.

Hooray for the new year!

Wow! So dark looks like a soft mink/very pretty....

Happy Hair Growing!

all i did was pull my hair into a pony tail on the front of my head and then pull the hair tie down the pony and then snipped off the end

i think i will have to just root you guys on for the 2nd challenge. i want to trim every 6mos or so. my ends look 8up to me lol so i want to the scissors close at hand.

but i for sure have been cured of being scissor happy and letting other people touch my hair.

the trim really did help with the tangles in the back of my head but i gave a lot of raggedy pieces from when my hair broke off that i didnt trim and that part still tangles. so i have to be extra gentle with my crown so that it can catch up to the rest and get trimmed then

That's EXTRA good to hear.:yep:

No, I don't think it is longer than yours. Only when I stretch it with my fingers, is it about the same length as in your siggy, I think.

But I don't think that stretched counts. I wanna be there without having to stretch. :)

Update starting point for 2011
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/12375613-post12.html

Repost:
I did my last cut Nov 2010 and cut about 2-3 inches off, and now my hair is blunt BSL. No cuts, trims until at least 6 months have passed.

Current Length: BSL
Stg full WL some longer lead hairs @ HL
LTG TL

Regimen
CW whenever I feel like it usually weekly
Daily or every 2 days moisturize and seal evco or
EVOO/WGO mix then STCC and Shea butter
Aloe Vera gel for frizzy edges. PS all the time
Nightly Scalp massage with oil mix+MTG
DC when I need
Protein when I need
Trims 2x year 2" max

Products
Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner STCC
EVCO
EVOO/WGO 50/50 mix
Aloe Vera gel
East/west shea butter
Kinky Curly Knot Today and
Kinky Curly Curling Custard for Wash n Go's

Vitamins
Essential Prenatal Vitamins-Whole Foods Brand
Vit C 1000-1500 mg
Amino Acid Complex
Omega 3-6-9, Calcium
Liquid Vitamin B12

Essential Amino Acids+ B12 +B complex vits=HF 37, so save your money.
I switched out my reg multi for prenatal I used to take it cause it's basically Bargello's vitamin regimen (in my journal blog) in 1 pill and I got superfast length results taking it. The reason I take Vit C daily is the body doesn't absorb other vitmins if Vit C isn't present as well.

More detail in fotki products album
I claim TL!

ETA: My main PS will be well moisturized, oiled and buttered baggied bun, covered with clean stocking during the day, no phonytails

Pic is dry hair brushed/frizzed out.
Starting pic:

Photo: Jan 2011 | Updates 2011 album | Lucia3k~Updates~Jan 2011~ | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

I'm going hardcore for 2011!!!
Let's get it CRAKIN!!!

Last edited:
I feel like getting to Classic Length and beyond is like earning a PHD degree in hair (your own hair). You learn new things about your hair and hair to tweak regimes to accommodate the extra length. It's not just about the moisture, it's about "treating the ends like lace", they way you comb your hair.... here is an example of what I mean.
YouTube - Floor Length Hair Promo

I do finger comb, but also find the need to sometimes use a comb and when I do this video style is what I do now. If I run into a snag, I work it out with my fingers. I was wondering why the Asians use such tiny combs on that extremely long hair. The answer was "it's only raking the hair...treating it delicately, no need to abuse hair if you want great quality."

After washing and conditioning my hair, I use to air it a little then braid it up or twist it up. But I am trying something different now. I am going to do like the Asians here do.... After washing and conditioning I am going to air dry finger combing in the leave-in until completely dry, then sealing with oil. They use Camellia Oil. Yes... in the harsh winter they use oil. Thus preserving the ends of extremely long hair... I have seen some thick lush ends...So I want to see if I can speed up this thickening and fullness process more... I know my hair is different than theirs, but all races have the challenge of keeping the ends full... I just think they have had more experience at mastering it.

Off to try and earn my PHD!:lol:

I feel like getting to Classic Length and beyond is like earning a PHD degree in hair (your own hair). You learn new things about your hair and hair to tweak regimes to accommodate the extra length. It's not just about the moisture, it's about "treating the ends like lace", they way you comb your hair.... here is an example of what I mean.
YouTube - Floor Length Hair Promo

I do finger comb, but also find the need to sometimes use a comb and when I do this video style is what I do now. If I run into a snag, I work it out with my fingers. I was wondering why the Asians use such tiny combs on that extremely long hair. The answer was "it's only raking the hair...treating it delicately, no need to abuse hair if you want great quality."

After washing and conditioning my hair, I use to air it a little then braid it up or twist it up. But I am trying something different now. I am going to do like the Asians here do.... After washing and conditioning I am going to air dry finger combing in the leave-in until completely dry, then sealing with oil. They use Camellia Oil. Yes... in the harsh winter they use oil. Thus preserving the ends of extremely long hair... I have seen some thick lush ends...So I want to see if I can speed up this thickening and fullness process more... I know my hair is different than theirs, but all races have the challenge of keeping the ends full... I just think they have had more experience at mastering it.

Off to try and earn my PHD!:lol:

Ok I finally can say it FL hair is TOO MUCH HAIR for me. I think I may be close to kicking this darn hair anorexia. :lol:.

Those Indian long hair videos are a bit too voyeuristic and creepy for me. :( The hair is gorgeous, but something about those videos... :nono:

I don't think I could ever reach floor length; my overall length has not budged for the past 2 years I think; hasn't even thickened up at all. Still, I wonder how long my shrunken hair would be if it were floor-length straight. I bet it would barely be waist-length fully shrunken... if all that, :lol:.

Those Indian long hair videos are a bit too voyeuristic and creepy for me. :( The hair is gorgeous, but something about those videos... :nono:

I don't think I could ever reach floor length; my overall length has not budged for the past 2 years I think; hasn't even thickened up at all. Still, I wonder how long my shrunken hair would be if it were floor-length straight. I bet it would barely be waist-length fully shrunken... if all that, :lol:.

I thought it I was the only one...When it comes to Indian hair videos...lol (CREEPY) is an understatement...lol But the hair is gorgeous

Happy Hair Growing!

Back