"Class of 2004" (Did you find LHCF in 2004 ?)

After 2 years and some months, did you make your goal?

• I made my hair goal

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • I fell short of my hair goal

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I gave up...../I just want healthy hair.

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters
senimoni said:
They are cutie-pies. I used to be able to tell them apart but not in this picture.
Yeah, that's a harder pic, lol!
Their hair was even doing the same thing that day, although Emily has more than Zoey.
here's Zoey-
notdoneyet.jpg

and Emily-
gimmethatcamera.jpg

these pics might be easier to tell them apart, lol!

mermaid said:
Mmm-hmm. My widdle baby piggie wigs! My ladybugs! My mini-tryants.:look:

Yeah they are soooooo cute...I would eat them..lol..... I love kids. But seriously, you look great for having two grandkids....

Last edited:
hottopic said:
Yeah they are soooooo cute...I would eat them..lol..... I love kids. But seriously, you look great for having two grandkids.... :) I saw your album and was like "did she say she had grandkids?" "Nah...Nah, I am tripping." My finance saw your picture and was like, "baby strive to be like that ......."
Aww, what a sweetie!
I'm sure you're hotness will still be with you when your grandbabies start showing up!

Class of '04 here!

Yes, I reached my initial goals; my hair is natural & I can put it into a real ponytail, not just a puff. My hair is also very healthy & I know what it likes.

My current goals are APL & BSL. If I can get to midback that'd be great. But until I start protecting my ends better, I won't be there anytime soon.

Class of 2004 here!!!

At the time I joined my hair was very overprocessed with half inch broken off pieces all over. My only goal then was to get my hair back healthy again. Everything else I learned here was extra and absolutely wonderful:-)

VWVixxen said:

My hair is almost at my goal length now (APL). The first year was a lot of trial and ERROR. A lot of product sampling and inconsistency with establishing and sticking with a regimen. Only last year did I begin to figure out what worked for my hair (stopped trying to reinvent the wheel). Since then, it has gotten much healthier and is starting to get longer. I'm considering modifying my goal length to bra strap...I can almost see it in my minds eye.

This is sooo me....

Last edited:
sylver2 said:
Class of 2004 here!!!

At the time I joined my hair was very overprocessed with half inch broken off pieces all over. My only goal then was to get my hair back healthy again. Everything else I learned here was extra and absolutely wonderful:-)

Co-signing....Class of 2004 as well (I lurked before I officially signed up during that summer with the 5 dollar fee)

My main goal was to get my hair healthy....length would've been a plus.

My initial goal was to obtain healthy, APL hair....hair is much healthier...almost at APL.

Finding this board was a tremendous boost in the right direction.

*going to stop talking about my hair for a bit, cause I'm thinking some folks ain't cool with it...
:look:

I joined in December 04! At the time, I was relaxed with a very sad head of hair! Over the next two years, I switched to natural and am well on my way to getting the head of hair I've always wanted!

WhipEffectz1 said:
I joined in December 04! At the time, I was relaxed with a very sad head of hair! Over the next two years, I switched to natural and am well on my way to getting the head of hair I've always wanted!

This is my story too! My hair was relaxed and very pitiful. I had an allergic reaction to a relaxer and my kitchen area completely broke off and my scalp felt like it was on fire, the area was red and itchy as well. So I came here very sad. Joined December 2004 after lurking for maybe a week. I had been struggling for so long with my hair and this allergic reaction was kind of a final straw. After a few days of reading the LHCF threads I began to feel "hopeful," thus my name here.

I'd had problems with my nape from my very first relaxer at 13. So when ladies kept saying they had grown their kitchens out with moisture, low manipulation and some by going natural as well, I was so thrilled. I did a bc January of 2005. Seven months later I caved and relaxed again, a few months later my hair was breaking again (and I missed my natural hair too). So I bc'd again in March of 2006 and reached my one year natural anniversary a little over a month ago.

My kitchen area is growing in quite nicely now. A year from now I'm sure I will have really wonderful progress. Right now my hair is pretty much at the length it usually got to in the past so any additional length from here is significant progress as far as I'm concerned.

And Hottopic, your hair is fabulous, your growth is very impressive! Thanks too for starting this thread:).
ETA: I can't really answer the poll cuz I didn't really have a goal to start with I just needed help and I got it. I now feel confident enough to make concrete goals so holla at a sister a year from now!

Last edited:
hopeful said:
This is my story too! My hair was relaxed and very pitiful. I had an allergic reaction to a relaxer and my kitchen area completely broke off and my scalp felt like it was on fire, the area was red and itchy as well. So I came here very sad. Joined December 2004 after lurking for maybe a week. I had been struggling for so long with my hair and this allergic reaction was kind of a final straw. After a few days of reading the LHCF threads I began to feel "hopeful," thus my name here.

I'd had problems with my nape from my very first relaxer at 13. So when ladies kept saying they had grown their kitchens out with moisture, low manipulation and some by going natural as well, I was so thrilled. I did a bc January of 2005. Seven months later I caved and relaxed again, a few months later my hair was breaking again (and I missed my natural hair too). So I bc'd again in March of 2006 and reached my one year natural anniversary a little over a month ago.

My kitchen area is growing in quite nicely now. A year from now I'm sure I will have really wonderful progress. Right now my hair is pretty much at the length it usually got to in the past so any additional length from here is significant progress as far as I'm concerned.

And Hottopic, your hair is fabulous, your growth is very impressive! Thanks too for starting this thread:).
ETA: I can't really answer the poll cuz I didn't really have a goal to start with I just needed help and I got it. I now feel confident enough to make concrete goals so holla at a sister a year from now!

ot: dang hopeful, you've got some purty curls!! Congrats on your anniversary! :clap:

MonaLisa said:
ot: dang hopeful, you've got some purty curls!! Congrats on your anniversary! :clap:

Ahhh thanks MonaLisa:). Your hair is getting longer and thicker too, nice progress.

I have grown my hair from shoulder length to between bra strap and mid back,In two years. My goal is waist length, and hope to be there by the end of this year.

I first joined in January or February of 2004 with a different screen name. NO, I wasn't banned or anything...I actually forgot my old screen name, probably the password, too and no idea what email address I first used when joining. (recently, I saw an old post I did under the old SN and was like "that's what it was!" :lol: )I joined the military and got shipped to basic where I had no access but I did have to do a lot of protective styling and that helped.

Fast forward to last year, I was about an inch or so from BSL and I went to the Dominican salon...she decided I needed a trim...and I went from almost BSL to shoulder length on one side and APL on the other side...:( So, I had to go and get it evened up and I am back to shoulder length but, when I first came it was about nape length, so I guess I'm not starting completely over at square one. I almost made it once, I know I can do it again.

Mo what are you talking about....IRL or on the board? Of course we talk hair hair and more hair. OT but my sister said if I mention my hair or what I did with my hair or what I'm going to do with my hair or how I'm prepooing or dc'ng my hair she is going to hang up. She just hatin....lol..I'm joking.

I joined in Dec 03' and I'm at my goal of brastrap, so yes this has worked out well for me. I started from about shoulder length. But I experienced so many setbacks with switching from lye to no-lye, excessive trims...my hair isn't 100% where I want it to be, but I'm grateful for what I have.

Now that I have length I'm trying to focus on cute daily, no-heat styles and it's been so hard to do briad outs, etc.. I think that's my next hair goal. I'm over protective styles.

ive been around here since 03 (as a lurker and under a different name). Ive only gotten serious about hair care now though

I joined in 2004 with chin length over processed hair, and made my goal of midback this year. I fell victim to a scissor happy stylist last month and am now one inch above bra strap. It's okay though, I know I will be back to midback soon.

cocoa32 said:
I picked the last response. I joined LHCF in 2004, but I didn't pay $5 until a couple of months ago. That's when I really consider myself starting my hair journey. Before I would just lurk occasionally.
texasqt said:
Same here. I think I paid my $5 in September 2006 and that was when I really started paying attention to what was going on with my head. In 2004 I posted a few questions but never set a goal for myself and never created a regimen. Then I had a really bad hair day in August and was like - "something has got to give!" So here I am chasing APL for the first time and I see it coming!

Edited to add: I just saw my start date was February 2004. If only I applied then what I'm applying now! What a shame!
Same here.

I joined in '04, but I just lurked for a long time. Then I continued to stay with a pushy, scissor-happy stylist who thought I needed a relaxer every 6 weeks while I kept trying to rationalize with her about what I wanted.

I feel like I really started my hair journey this year when I left my stylist and started washing my own hair for the first time in 8 or 9 years. Now I have a regimen, I will go at least 8 weeks without a touch up from now on, and I'm actually spending more time in Hair Care Tips than I am in Entertainment or Off Topic. :lol:

So many people, but I have a feeling there is more....... I read other trhread and see 2004 in some of them. Please check in... I want to know. :)

Class of 2004 checking in. I was do a search function on ways to grow hair and I found this site. I was maybe apl at the time and I relaxed faithfully every 5 weeks. I found the board in Oct 2003 but I did not join until Jan 2004. I did not have any goals I just wanted to grow my hair. I am at the bottom of bsl. I cannot believe it. I have had so many health problems and setbacks. The only thing that is healthy is my hair. If I took care of my health like I do my hair then I would be dangerous.

Class of 04 checking in... i lurked for a month or so, and then joined in nov 04... I started out as natural, because a year before I had had a bad relaxer, and ended up cutting off all my hair. since 04 I've been relaxed, Pressed, Texturized, washed n goed, wigged up, and now, finally... relaxed.

kinchen said:
i joined in 2004 and have tried every thing on mentioned on the board and sad to say i feel like i have made no progress my hair is still dry and frizzy

I noticed you mentioned a major set back in your fotki...what was it?
And also, perhaps you should try back to back moisture treatments and lay of the henna if you hair is dry and brittle.
I have learnt that dry hair always gets broken...

I think this forum empowers us to choose what is right for our indiviual heads of hair...i think you should listen to your own hair. It looks gorgeous thick, strong and shiny and i honestly dont think you are at your maximum growth potential.

Best of luck

sorry guys...i am certainly not in class of 04..:lachen:
But i just had to lurk in here....many of your heads of hair are inspirational...
I kinda feel you are all winners...you've all got strong healthy looking hair.
It is quite obvious that all your hard work has paid off.

Class of 04 here --- I like you overestimated the growth of my hair. I think I grow 4 inches per year vs 6. Also, I did not take into consideration the health of my hair at the beginning of my journey. My hair was breaking everywhere. I had so many trims to get my hair to a healthy growth point. I am however very pleased with my progress now and feel I will be at brastrap by July-- WhoHoo :yay: My biggest hurdle was getting to APL it felt like it took FOREVER. But all is well that ends well.

I'm nearing my 3 year LHCF anniversary. :yay: My goal was pretty much to have healthier hair. It wasn't in bad condition when I joined, but it has improved more. I knew that at some point I wanted to transition to natural and I'm well into that, now.

Back