Clarifying @ the salon

santia

Hey Yall :wave:

I realized that my hair wasn't acting right. The week before my stylist gave me a really nice trim. So the ends would flip and just look good. So I decided to bring my clarifying poo to the salon.

Homegirl almost fainted when my hair got hard. She was like "Oh no Mami, what happened?" I laughed and told her to continue with the rest of the shampoo process.

Anyway, She put the Alter Ego hot oil garlic deep co. & set me under the dryer. Can I tell yall that I felt my scalps emotions :lachen: She rinsed and did the normal.

To make a long story short, when everything was done my hair came out GORGEOUS. The shine, body errything. So the 2 things I realized were 1) I need to start bringing my claryfier to the salon and 2) Alter Ego works wonders for my hair.

Last edited:
Re: Clarifyng @ the salon

santia said:
Hey Yall :lol:

I realized that my hair wasn't acting right. The week before my stylist gave me a really nice trim. So the ends would flip and just look good. So I decided to bring my clarifying poo to the salon.

Homegirl almost fainted when my hair got hard. She was like "Oh no Mami, what happened?" I laughed and told her to continue with the rest of the shampoo process.

Anyway, She put the Alter Ego hot oil garlic deep co. & set me under the dryer. Can I tell yall that I felt my scalps emotions :lachen: She rinsed and did the normal.

To make a long story short, when everything was done my hair came out GORGEOUS. The shine, body errything. So the 2 things I realized were 1) I need to start bringing my claryfier to the salon and 2) Alter Ego works wonders for my hair.

:yay: :yay: Alter Ego is the ish....I love that stuff and I like the smell too

I knew that it was, but I never used it on fresh hair (if that makes any sense, lol)

It softened my hair with the quickness. I am really satisfied with tehm (keeping fingers crossed)

I am glad things worked out well for you. That reminds me that I need to clarify when I wash my hair after work today.

Where can Alter Ego be found?

Glad you had good results,nothing like finding someting that works for your hair.

santia said:
Hey Yall :wave:

I may consider trying this conditioner in the future. DOes the Garlic Oil treatment contain protein, would you consider it a moisturizing conditioner?

bgsix said:
Where can Alter Ego be found?

Glad you had good results,nothing like finding someting that works for your hair.

I order mine from iBeauty or it can be found in some Dominican salons

gymfreak336 said:
Do you all only use the garlic line of Alter Ego?

I use different lines from them. Here they are:
Curativ Line--I use this before they roll my hair

TRATTAMENTO%20CREN.jpg

Energizing Line THR--This is one of my deep co's

energizingrebalanzingCream1000.jpg

Impac Ego Line--Favorite deep co.

DSC04172.jpg

Finishing Line--Gives a nice sheen & protects hair

thrfinishingbrightshine.jpg

nikki1971 said:
I may consider trying this conditioner in the future. DOes the Garlic Oil treatment contain protein, would you consider it a moisturizing conditioner?

This is all it says:Original and Still the best HOT oil treatment with Garlic. This special cream, rich of peptydes, vitamis and mineral salts, which derivate from wheat and garlic, represents an excellent substitute for hair treatment with animal extract.

My hair seems to love it. I alternate with the balancing cream.

Hi Santia, I was in Long Island the first week of October for my Birthday and I went to Dominican Salon that had a Alter Ego sign on the Door. I got a deep condition roller set and blowout and it was great. But the poo girl took the comb from my scalp to the root and I wanted to scream. I had to teach her how to comb it from the bottom first. She told another girl that my hair was too rough and she put a cream on in and rinsed it out. Everything was fine after that. I wonder if it was a Alter Ego product. I could not see anything they put in my hair. I saw your link for ibeauty, I'll try there.

I'm glad it worked for you !

yokourt said:
Hi Santia, I was in Long Island the first week of October for my Birthday and I went to Dominican Salon that had a Alter Ego sign on the Door. I got a deep condition roller set and blowout and it was great. But the poo girl took the comb from my scalp to the root and I wanted to scream. I had to teach her how to comb it from the bottom first. She told another girl that my hair was too rough and she put a cream on in and rinsed it out. Everything was fine after that. I wonder if it was a Alter Ego product. I could not see anything they put in my hair. I saw your link for ibeauty, I'll try there.

I'm glad it worked for you !

I had to do this also. My stylist knows what I like & don't like. I stick with her b/c she's already broken in :lol:

santia said:
I had to do this also. My stylist knows what I like & don't like. I stick with her b/c she's already broken in :lol:

My hair is really fine and thinning, I can't even bear to teach them. Twice I've just reached back and taken the comb and said "why don't you let me do that." One girl said "oh, there's no hair combing out." Mind you my hair was trailing on her fingers and on the comb. I was afraid to look in the sink. And she had only put the comb to my head for a couple of seconds.

But I'm getting off topic. I've never thought of bringing a clarifier to the salon but that is a great idea. I'll have to do that next time since my stylist uses silicone prodcts and I want to make sure that is gotten off before my next deep condition.

Back