Cinderella?

CurliDiva

I’m curious......:rolleyes:......is anyone waiting (I mean consciously.........…not A DRY SPELL) until they reach their hair or fitness goals before considering dating?

I know me, and if I had a man right now – I would never do half the things I do for my hair because its not presentable. :spinning: Call me vain or high
maintenance, but I just won't do it! Maybe it is different with women who have been married for years – but as a single (and mingling) girl, I want to stay “cute” at all times.

Sometimes, I’m just trickled to able to get all UGLY (pre-pooing or bagging with smelly oils, weeks-old plaits and a scarf that should never see daylight) in private only. :spinning:

Has anyone take this to the extreme and decided to just NOT DATE at all until they reach their new level of fine?

Are you willing to wait because you hope your prospects will increase once you're finished? Sort of a dating (HAIR or FITNESS) Cinderella?

Last edited:
Ummm... that's actually a really good question.... I think I'm waiting moreso just to develop myself internally as well as externally. I need to be absolutely complete (at least to me, cuz you can never be perfect) before I get with a guy. I like a real cutie pie at the present time. And I know the feeling at least used to be mutual. But, my insecurities stopped me from going there with him (started ignoring him, stoopid I know)... So, that just proves I shouldn't be dating right now. Plus I don't really care to "date" a lot of different people. It's never really been my style. If we're dating its because I was already interested, we talked on the phone a couple of times and now we're seeing where this goes.

But, trust while I'm working on the inside, I am getting my external game right too. I know I'm cute now. But, when I'm with my man I'll be convinced I'm the baddest... LoL

Last edited:
I was waiting until I reached my fitness level to start dating, but I realised that while I was waiting I was missing out and just because I'm not at my goal does that mean I don't deserve what I want? That kinda thinking doesn't help self-esteem, and here I am trying to wait until I'm perfect or near so, is the other person trying to do so as well? If everyone waited until they met some goals to start dating I don't think there would be many couples. Everyone has improving to do, it's a part of life and I think once you reach your goal it'll feel even better because you shared the journey with that someone special. :)

I was in the process of waiting and bro man showed up in the middle of the transformation. Now, he's telling me to keep the scissors out of my hands. I tried to cut myself some bangs. LOL

This is a great thread!!!! You have described my situation to the TEE! I am going out of my way to avoid flirting- hanging out- dating anyone in case it turns into something serious until I reach my hair goal. (I have issues!!!):lachen:I would not be comfy walking around in front of my man everyday with a Walmart bag on my head!

wow.. this is EXACTLY what im doing.

im giving myself a makeover and im waiting until im done before i try to date any guys. or even acknowledge their presence

if some guy showed up in the middle of my transformation then so be it but honestly? im SO uninterested in guys right now. all im obsessing on is school and my total body makeover. until then i just wont feel up to it.

Nope, life is too short. I am living it to the fullest today because tomorrow is not promised. Party on Wayne, Party on Garth.

YES. I admit it. However, I will cut that crap short if MY mr perfect comes along. I'll merely continue is secret (when we're apart).

I admit I had this mindset too, but if you want to be perfect for dating you'll want to be perfect in your relationship and that just isn't possible. You'll always have your flaws, life is short, so why wait? Plenty of guys would be crazy about you in your work-out gear and hair.

Yes, but mainly cause I don't feel like putting in work to find someone (I don't get approached that often and I'm occupied with other things). I'd rather spend the time working on myself but If Mr Right comes along, I wouldn't be passing up on him.

Last edited:
I don't understand. Are you avoiding dating a man or living with a man? Why would you have to have your plastic bag on your head around someone you're just dating? Wouldn't you have time alone at your own place to do that? And I know you aren't dealing with pop up visits. My mother doesn't do pop ups. :lol:

Back