Children's relaxers or Adult mild relaxers?

browneyeshyne

Children\'s relaxers or Adult mild relaxers?

I just want to gently straighten my hair-not bone straight. I don't like the slick thin feeling on my head when I use regular formulas. It makes my head look big
crazy.gif

Should I use children's or mild relaxers?

Re: Children\'s relaxers or Adult mild relaxers?

I like mild adult relaxers.

Childrens relaxers are usually no lye formulas, and for that reason I dont use them. No lyes dry my hair out. pcj does make a lye one, but I found it barely softened my curls. It definitely in no way relaxed them, and I was underprocessed.

I stick with mild strength adult formulas.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I like mild adult relaxers.

Childrens relaxers are usually no lye formulas, and for that reason I dont use them. No lyes dry my hair out. pcj does make a lye one, but I found it barely softened my curls. It definitely in now way relaxed them and I was underprocessed.

I stick with mild strength adult formulas.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree
smile.gif

I have always used children's relaxers. I think they are extremely gentle.

I read that children's relaxers are no different from adult relaxers.

It was in a book called Beautiful Black Hair by Shamboosie

I have never used an adult relaxer so I can't comment.

I have the EXACT same question. I have always used a children's relaxer (no lye) It's "Just For Me". I want to know which one is better for your hair-- mild or child.

And I'm also hearing about using lye instead of no lye. I've always used no lye. Is that bad? I always thought the no lye was less damaging to your hair and that's why they didn't put lye in the store bought ones and only in the profeesional ones.

I actually had great success using the PCJ Gentle Treatment (it's lye, and it's for adults and children). I don't know if it's the one that Tracy's referring to or not, but I loved it!
look.gif
wink.gif

Back