Chi Straight Guard

SaucyWow

Good morning, I did a search and couldn't find any info.

How and when do you use this product? After I wash and condition my hair, do I put it on my damp hair and then dry??? Also, would it be okay to put selerm 21 or lacio lacio on my damp hair AND the Chi Straight Guard at the same time?!?

SaucyWow said:
Good morning, I did a search and couldn't find any info.

How and when do you use this product? After I wash and condition my hair, do I put it on my damp hair and then dry??? Also, would it be okay to put selerm 21 or lacio lacio on my damp hair AND the Chi Straight Guard at the same time?!?
I've never heard of it.

Allandra said:
I've never heard of it.

Oh here's some info and pic...

Farouk CHI Straight Guard Smoothing Styling Cream 8.5 oz
Farouk CHI Straight Guard Smoothing Styling Cream

CHI Straight Guard Smoothing Styling Cream easy brush glide formula is an ideal styling tool for all your smooth, sleek styles while providing hair incredible control and smoothness and helping in eliminating frizz and creating superior shine.
http://www.goddess-within.com/fachistgusms.html

Maybe you can try the product alone to see how it works out. You may get best results that way. Try it and see how you like it.

Yes, you put it on damp hair and then dry. Personally, I did not like this product because it coats the hair with something. You will see this if you let the product dry in the open. It dries into a rubbery kind of substance. After I saw that, I was scared to put it on my hair again, especially since it is not very moisturizing. It does get the hair straight, but I think a lot of this has to do with all the chemicals in it that coat the hair and retain the straightness after blowdrying. I will say though, that my hair detangled like a dream with this stuf in it. I just did not like the effect on dry hair. Just my experience...I agree with Allandra, that you should try it for yourself and see what works best for you.

ubavka123 said:
Yes, you put it on damp hair and then dry. Personally, I did not like this product because it coats the hair with something. You will see this if you let the product dry in the open. It dries into a rubbery kind of substance. After I saw that, I was scared to put it on my hair again, especially since it is not very moisturizing. It does get the hair straight, but I think a lot of this has to do with all the chemicals in it that coat the hair and retain the straightness after blowdrying. I will say though, that my hair detangled like a dream with this stuf in it. I just did not like the effect on dry hair. Just my experience...I agree with Allandra, that you should try it for yourself and see what works best for you.

Yup, what she said. I have this too and didn't like the coat it left on my hair. Luckily I got it free when I purchased their flat iron at a hair show.

Well ladies, I confess I did try it (when damp) and I HATED it. I was wondering what I did wrong!!! LOL So now that I know that I'm not alone, I can give it up. I didn't want to waste my money so I wanted to give it another try...NOT...thank you all. :)

I am wanting to know what any of your experience is with the Chi 44 Iron Guard. I do not know if this is the same product you all are talking about or not. It's not a cream at all. It's a liquid in a spray bottle. I have some and I am curious what LHCF thinks about this product. Please let me your thoughts. TIA

bump does anyone use this? what's your experience?

letitia said:
I am wanting to know what any of your experience is with the Chi 44 Iron Guard. I do not know if this is the same product you all are talking about or not. It's not a cream at all. It's a liquid in a spray bottle. I have some and I am curious what LHCF thinks about this product. Please let me your thoughts. TIA

If you are talking about Iron guard the spray I have some. I don't use it a lot only when I curl, It helps hold the curls and protect the hair, I am going to curl my hair tonite and will get back to you with results.

I have the spray and when you use it right, it's really amazing. It has ceramic in it or something and it makes the hair really smooth and silky like Arlene Sue's :lachen:when you use it to flat iron. The only thing is, I find it hard to get right. Too much leaves your hair crunchy and stuck together and too little does nothing. When I get the perfect balance, I have the best hair day and I can't stop looking and touching my hair. I feel myself too much those days. It's sad, really. :lol:

If I plan to use heat I don't do my normal moisturizing step after co-washing. I just use the gaurd spray on each plait section and a little of the silk infusion. I air dry or use a hood dryer and then flat iron. My hair has a lot of body and it's soft to the touch

I also use this without heat if I'm going to do a bun for the week....I co-wash my hair in 3 plaits parts going ear-to-ear, once it's just damp, I moisturize, spray a little straight gaurd and put a little of silk infusion on each section Then I comb it all back into a bun, tie it down for the nite. My hair is really soft to the touch. I can tell the difference when I use these and when I don't.

I only use it right after a fresh wash.

Back