CHI oar Sedu?

shtow

I have a CHI. I used to love it and now it just gets the job done (inner PJ speaking). I dont want to add a poll because I want to read what you ladies experience, rather than people voting and KIM lol. So which is best, CHI or SEDU?

Hmmm I am reading some reviews and I have read that the sedu has caused damage for some people and how it doesn't last long. :nono: I also read that the outside of the plates are burning people.

Last edited:
Hmmm I am reading some reviews and I have read that the sedu has caused damage for some people and how it doesn't last long. :nono:

I have a sedu and it hasn't caused any damage to my hair. I have dropped it several times on ceramic floors and it still works.

I think that its merely a choice that you have to make. Each person is going to have their own opinions depending on how they flat iron their hair and the products they use.

As for me, I used to use my roommates CHI all the time and it was so good that it compelled me to buy a professional flatiron. I bought a Sedu however. I pretty much like it. I mean I get more or less the same results but I think CHI was a bit better for my grade of hair. It gave me a harder press and I just liked it better overall.

However, I'm not investing in another flatiron until my SEDU dies. And a year later its still going strong.

Thanks ladies. What about the outside of the plates being too hot? I read a lot of reviews that people were being burned by the outside of the flat iron.

I have a Sedu, and I love it, but I've never had or tried a Chi. It sounds like you want us to give you a reason to go on and get a Sedu. I say if you really want one, go on and get yourself one. :poke: You know you want one. Don't ya?

I have a CHI, I've never tried a Sedu. I would say stick with whatcha got. I fought the urge to buy another flatiron... I was gonna get either the Sedu or Maxiglide because I'm a PJ like that and wanted to see which would be better. If the CHI works for you, stick with the CHI... I LOVE mine:yep:

I have a Sedu, and I love it, but I've never had or tried a Chi. It sounds like you want us to give you a reason to go on and get a Sedu. I say if you really want one, go on and get yourself one. :poke: You know you want one. Don't ya?

:lachen::lachen::lachen: :lachen:I do (Lowers head in shame) lol. Really though, my hair isnt shiny with the CHI. Don't get me wrong, the CHI can do what it do lol but there is no shine over here with it. I have had it for 3 years and I almost blamed it on lettingmy friend hold it once a week for like 4 months lol But I really just want something that will make my hair shiner and not as dry. (My Avi is not from a CHI, but some iron my stylist used, gota ask her what kind it was lol). But now Im reading upon FHI's and they sound good too! I just dont wana burn my fingers off lol

shtow,

I have a CHI as well and I felt like I wasn't getting good results, so I bought a Solia. It is better than the CHI imo, but I am planning on buying the Sedu based on all of the great reviews that I see about it.

The Sedu can burn your fingers when you use your hands to press the hot plates together instead of just holding the iron by the handle and leaving the hot part alone (duh :dork: ).

I've tried them all and I'm very Sedu biased. It gets no better.

I made a thread a long time ago comparing the maxiglide and the sedu where you can see the difference in straightness. I'll look for it...

hey !!!!

Well i just brought a sedu (i was supposed to post pics.... oops!) its OK so far... i have to use a different technique when using it because the plates get sooo hot and i'm used to my big ol maxiglide... and i used waaaay to much chi silk stuff . If you want to make a final decision soon. you can always borrow mine :yep:

Shtow,

Girl, we all know you want that Sedu. Now tell us. What type of flat iron did you stylist use? Most importantly, what products did your stylist use (to create the look in your avatar pic)?

I had two flat irons prior to buying my Sedu. One was a Jilbere (paid about $40 for it). The other was an Ion (paid about $80 for it). Once I got my Sedu, I gave my Jilbere to one of my nieces. However, I still have my Ion. At $80 bucks, I just can't let go of my Ion yet.

It's hard for a PJ out there (especially when one hangs out at the LHCF).

:giggle:

I know you still want it.

:poke:

hey !!!!

Well i just brought a sedu (i was supposed to post pics.... oops!) its OK so far... i have to use a different technique when using it because the plates get sooo hot and i'm used to my big ol maxiglide... and i used waaaay to much chi silk stuff . If you want to make a final decision soon. you can always borrow mine :yep:

Ohhhhhh thanks girl! U rock! How bout I borrow it friday?:lachen:............no really:grin:. U can try my Narobi! See its a fair trade, 2 salon products lol

Okay -

My comparison pics are on page 3 of this thread. The pics were taken back in 06 but u get the idea...

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=106538&page=3

ETA: I still use the same Sedu that I used for my hair back in 06. It's actually 3 years old now and I still have no problems with it.
Daaaamnnnn!! LOL Ok now im feigning for a sedu! LOL Kinda OT: how do you blowdry? With the comb attatchment? I recently stopped doing this, but even your blow out looks good lo

Shtow,

Girl, we all know you want that Sedu. Now tell us. What type of flat iron did you stylist use? Most importantly, what products did your stylist use (to create the look in your avatar pic)?

I had two flat irons prior to buying my Sedu. One was a Jilbere (paid about $40 for it). The other was an Ion (paid about $80 for it). Once I got my Sedu, I gave my Jilbere to one of my nieces. However, I still have my Ion. At $80 bucks, I just can't let go of my Ion yet.

It's hard for a PJ out there (especially when one hangs out at the LHCF).

:giggle:

I know you still want it.

:poke:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Stop! You got me over here cracking up! OK the Iron she used was in the little stove heater upper thingy :drunk: lol I have to call her. I didnt catch a brand. I know she flat ironed it with very little Fantasia IC. I took the pics after I moisturized and all that shine in that particular pic came from optimum oil therapy hair and scalp quencher. And I understand about keeping the Iron cuz that CHI aint going nowhere! I was gonna sell it but I'll keep it as back up cuz I had to go back to it after my last iron died after all but TWO uses:wallbash:

And I still want the SEDU LOL

Last edited:
The Sedu can burn your fingers when you use your hands to press the hot plates together instead of just holding the iron by the handle and leaving the hot part alone (duh :dork: ).

I've tried them all and I'm very Sedu biased. It gets no better.

I made a thread a long time ago comparing the maxiglide and the sedu where you can see the difference in straightness. I'll look for it...

Yup that makes sense! I'd have to train myself not to do this (im sure burning myself would do the trick pretty fast lol) because I do this with the CHI all the time. But the handles are kinda thick so I guess thats why its ok.

100_0014-vi.jpg

I just wanted to 'introduce' you to my Sedu. ;)

Daaaamnnnn!! LOL Ok now im feigning for a sedu! LOL Kinda OT: how do you blowdry? With the comb attatchment? I recently stopped doing this, but even your blow out looks good lo

Thank you :).

I blowdried with a comb attachment for those pictures. Nevertheless, I've gone back to drying via rollerset because it is better for my ends.

I have tried both and I jus lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvve my SEDU!!!!!!!!! Nothing compares to how it just glides through my hair!!!!!!:yep:

I've tried my sister's Chi several times and wasn't very impressed with the results. I bought a Sedu a few months back and I looove it! It gets my hair straight in one or two swipes and my hair does not revert until I wash. I haven't had any heat damage. The outside plates are very hot to the touch. I burned myself once and that taught me not to put my fingers there again. lol I haven't had any accidental burns since.

........why you gotta do me like that Allandra? lol Even the box is hot! lol Darn it, my direct deposit goes thru at midnight and folica better be ready for me! lol
Well, I was just showing you. You know. You don't have to get it. But I kind of feel like you really want one.

:angeldevi

I've tried my sister's Chi several times and wasn't very impressed with the results. I bought a Sedu a few months back and I looove it! It gets my hair straight in one or two swipes and my hair does not revert until I wash. I haven't had any heat damage. The outside plates are very hot to the touch. I burned myself once and that taught me not to put my fingers there again. lol I haven't had any accidental burns since.
Hmph.

And SeatownSista is following right behind her.

:curtain:

:look:..................:perplexed......................:ohwell:.............................:nono:.....................................:grin:.................................................:trampolin...................................:thumbsup: That bad boy, well bad girl is MINES! Bwahahah!

I blame u all. Every friggin one of ya! lol

Back