CHI oar Sedu?

I have been lurking and reading all the posts regarding Maxiglide, Chi's, Fhi's and Sedu's.

I've decided!

As soon as I get paid (no more charging for me), I'm treating myself to a..

(Scroll Down)

SEDU!!

So you just had to bold it, make it red, and make the font bigger? lol Thats right, rub it in ladies!! lol

I have been lurking and reading all the posts regarding Maxiglide, Chi's, Fhi's and Sedu's.

I've decided!

As soon as I get paid (no more charging for me), I'm treating myself to a..

(Scroll Down)

SEDU!!

Come on and get a SEDU!!
It seems like the best iron out of everything that I heard everyone say.

I tried my friends Chi and Maxiglide. Wasn't impressed.

SEDU it is!!

In my opinion the sedu is better. I have tried both. The chi turbo pulled, it got the hair straight, but it pulled. The SEDU NEVER pulls. Also I was about to get a CHI but on folica ALOT of reviews talked about how the flat iron didn't last long. So I got the sedu and am happy. One of my co-workers has the chi turbo and she wants my sedu because like I said she notices that it pulls. The plates get hot on the outside but that helps when you are doing flips or bumping the ends. That is the only pet peeve I have about it. I have had mine for almost 3 years no problems. . :yep:

I have the 1.5 inch sedu and I am going to get teh 1 inch solia because I can't get flips with it being 1.5 and I don't want to spend another $100+ for a flat iron. so I am going with the 1 inch solia pretty soon. Alot of the women on this board like it so that is why I am trying it. I would reccomend folica b/c you get free shiping over $70 and you have a one year warranty (atleast with sedu). If you get a chi turbo you are gonna need that warrantyl

I hear that the CHI original is the best but the only problem is that it only has 2 heat settings so not much variation in temp.

I've tried my sister's Chi several times and wasn't very impressed with the results. I bought a Sedu a few months back and I looove it! It gets my hair straight in one or two swipes and my hair does not revert until I wash. I haven't had any heat damage. The outside plates are very hot to the touch. I burned myself once and that taught me not to put my fingers there again. lol I haven't had any accidental burns since.

THIS IS THE TRUTH!!!

I have a customer with about 3 inches of new growth. I'm not sure if she's transitioning or not. But anyways I blow her out with my sedu blowdryer with mizani thermal strength. I put a dime sized amount of a serum like heat protectant (sedu works better with very little product). Then I flat iron her hair from root to tip with a bump. She comes every two weeks and when she comes back her hair is still straight but she has a "roots" because of new growth. I have had so many customers come back and tell me they have never had their hair last as long as it did.

okay... this just confirms my decision to buy a Sedu. Can't wait to try it.
How is the Sedu blow dryer? Does it come with a comb attachment? Is it tourmaline?

THIS IS THE TRUTH!!!

I have a customer with about 3 inches of new growth. I'm not sure if she's transitioning or not. But anyways I blow her out with my sedu blowdryer with mizani thermal strength. I put a dime sized amount of a serum like heat protectant (sedu works better with very little product). Then I flat iron her hair from root to tip with a bump. She comes every two weeks and when she comes back her hair is still straight but she has a "roots" because of new growth. I have had so many customers come back and tell me they have never had their hair last as long as it did.

Wait!!!! Sedu has a blowdryer?!! Oh snap... :look: Looks like I may be making another hair related purchase.....

ETA: The Sedu blowdriers are out of stock on Folica.com. They must be pretty popular. :scratchch

Last edited:
THIS IS THE TRUTH!!!

They make a blow dryer too? :blush: I had no idea.

100_0014-vi.jpg

I just wanted to 'introduce' you to my Sedu. ;)

LOL. Shtow, girl get that SEDU!! Like, I said I love it. But I stretch my relaxers so during the 4th month, sometimes it really doesn't get my NG as straight as the CHI used to. So maybe the CHI is better for natural hair?? I dunno, but if you have a relaxer and don't really stretch like that, there really isn't any other choice to make: GET THE FRIGGIN SEDU!!!

:grin: oh and how did you get your username? I've been wondering this for the longest.

LOL. Shtow, girl get that SEDU!! Like, I said I love it. But I stretch my relaxers so during the 4th month, sometimes it really doesn't get my NG as straight as the CHI used to. So maybe the CHI is better for natural hair?? I dunno, but if you have a relaxer and don't really stretch like that, there really isn't any other choice to make: GET THE FRIGGIN SEDU!!!

:grin: oh and how did you get your username? I've been wondering this for the longest.
LOL well honestly when I first joined I was going to make it nannypans because that is what my family has called me since I was a baby. My friends and family to this day call me that lol But I thought about it and I thought everyone would think it was weird:rolleyes:. So my user name at my college is shtow, which is a combination of my first and last name, so I just used that instead lol

I was just about to post:grin:. Well I have to place the order next week because I had a little situ-ma-wation. However, my girL SoAnxious let me use hers today and I must say me likey!!! The real test is if my 1/2 inch of new growth reverts tomorrow morning after working out. But so far I loooooooooove the Sedu. Thanks SoAnxious:notworthy and I cannot wait for mines:yep:. So far this iron blows the CHI out of the water!!!

I was just about to post:grin:. Well I have to place the order next week because I had a little situ-ma-wation. However, my girL SoAnxious let me use hers today and I must say me likey!!! The real test is if my 1/2 inch of new growth reverts tomorrow morning after working out. But so far I loooooooooove the Sedu. Thanks SoAnxious:notworthy and I cannot wait for mines:yep:. So far this iron blows the CHI out of the water!!!
I'm glad you had the opportunity to use one. Now you KNOW first hand how well it does.

As far as your new growth reverting AFTER working out, well, if you work up a really good sweat, it can possibly happen, but that's with any flat iron. When the warmer / humid weather gets here, I won't even bother with straightening my hair (because I'm transitioning - and no Sedu will stop that kind of reversion).

Keep us posted hun.

:)

I'm glad you had the opportunity to use one. Now you KNOW first hand how well it does.

As far as your new growth reverting AFTER working out, well, if you work up a really good sweat, it can possibly happen, but that's with any flat iron. When the warmer / humid weather gets here, I won't even bother with straightening my hair (because I'm transitioning - and no Sedu will stop that kind of reversion).

Keep us posted hun.

:)

Good luck with your transition! Well I had minimal reversion in the middle and back and none in the front. I wrapped my hair with a silk scarf while working out and didnt take off the scarf til after I showered and dressed. So the Sedu is a keeper!:grin:

Last edited:
Hmmm I am reading some reviews and I have read that the sedu has caused damage for some people and how it doesn't last long. :nono: I also read that the outside of the plates are burning people.

I do not agree with this as I have a SEDU nad you can gage the temperature that's right for your hair. Some ladies probably don't know how to do this and that's why their hair gets damaged. As far as them not lasting long - I also disagree with this as my Sedu outlasted my stylist CHI iron and still going a year later. The outside of my plates don't burn me because I never put it higher than it needs to be. Careful use of all irons is recommended.

ETA: My sedu simply glides over my hair and makes it feel like silk. I really love my sedu, so much so, I bought another one as a backup because you Sedu heffas always make sure they're always sold out and out of stock, lol.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say I love, love, love Folica.com! My iron came the very next day after I ordered. I have the 1.5 inch and I heart it :grin:

Back