Chi Enviro American Hair Straightening Treatment

Luxlii

100% formaldehyde free
CHI Enviro American Smoothing Treatment is a revolutionary smoothing systemKeratin Complex that infuses the unique formula of amino acids, proteins, silk and pearl into the hairs cuticle. This process dramatically improves the condition, shine and smoothness of even the most unruly hair types. Results typically last up to 4 months depending on hair type. Unlike other salon services, the more often hair is treated, the healtier it becomes. With each treatment, the apsorbtion of amino acids, proteins, silk and pearl makes the hair regenerate natural proteins, repel humidity,giving smoother and silkier, straighter and shiner hair that will Blow-dry faster and easier.
go-B00546F7F8.html

Has anyone tried this?

Now this looks interesting, the farouk site says results can last up to 4 months and for the first 48 hrs you can't use any hair ties or scrunchies that will interrupt the hair's striaghtness. I would like to know what's in it and if I have to use a a sodium chloride free shampoo and all that jazz. Subbing:yep:

:) Bumping for updates!

I purchased this product with the hopes of using it on my hair to keep the frizz factor down while in Jamaica for my October wedding.

Well, I applied it yesterday and pressed my hair according to the instructions. My press is more straight and a bit less bulky. I'm going to leave the treatment in for a week and wash it out. That will be the true test to its effectiveness.

I'm gonna try this in a few weeks to tame my transitioning hair I know they sell one-use kits online.

Ok. I just washed out the treatment, conditioned it with the included conditioner. I then blow dried my hair with this dryer :http://www.amazon.com/Revlon-Amber-...A12M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1330630203&sr=8-3

That dryer does an excellent job, I'm glad I bought it.

Results: Keeper! This is the best thing that I have done for my natural hair ever. I've finally found a way to reduce the kink..which all too often leads to breakage for me. I can actually comb my hair from root to tip! I havent been able to do that since I turned natural. The curls are still there..but it is refined, full of body and smooth! And there has been no breaking or shedding during the entire process! I was a 4z before...now I am a 4a.

AstroQueen77 You commented that you left your treatment in for a week or so, before washing, conditioning, etc. Did you use any product on your hair during that time? Also, how much did you pay for your kit? Ebay has some that are running about $75.00:perplexed Is it worth it? How many ounces 2 or 4?

Sorry for the interrogation :look: and thanks for responding :yep:

cutenss No, I didn't use any product on my hair during that period. You are not supposed to add anything. My hair was straight, light and fluffy..but there was a bit of a residue from the treatment.
I bought my kit on ebay for around 45 dollars. It is a two ounce kit and I can get two uses out of mine. My hair is shoulder length when straightened and the kit specifically says not to over apply the treatment.

All I can say is that it was worth it for my hair. I can comb it, get it halfway straight with just blow drying, frizz is gone, yet I still get to keep my full and natural texture. Breakage/shedding is non existent. I have had stylist complain about my 4z hair, so it was really hard for me to manage.

I'll try and upload some pics later, but one may not be able to see striking differences because it is not a relaxer as such.

Last edited:
AstroQueen77 Thanks so much for answering my questions. I am a natural too. And I have had BKT in the past. I think I am going to give this a try. This will be perfect for HOT Texas summers.

Thanks for the update! I purchased this treatment from ebay back in november and have been waiting for more reviews before trying it. I paid about $75 dollars. I planned on using it on my hair for my destination wedding in Jamaica this October. I'm thinking about trying it it in April since it's supposed to last about 3 months. Then I can reapply later in the year if all goes well!

AstroQueen77 Thanks so much for answering my questions. I am a natural too. And I have had BKT in the past. I think I am going to give this a try. This will be perfect for HOT Texas summers.

Cuteness, yes, the Summers here are so brutal and humid! Have you tried that John Frieda 3-day Straight spray, it's fab too!

i was very interested in this, but I was trying t figure out how the oxoacetamide carbocysteine could have this effect on the hair and it appears that coupled with the intense heat can alter the "bridges" that the hair fibbers make. I need to read up more on Glyoxyloyl groups.

Last edited:
i was very interested in this, but I was trying t figure out how the oxoacetamide carbocysteine could have this effect on the hair and it appears that coupled with the intense heat it does release formaldehyde. I wish I could find the website I was reading.

Kurlee,

I think you are right because I did the Organix treatment before that had that ingredient (they've changed ingredients like 3 times) and it have me a headache just like the regular QOD Max with 0.02% formeldahyde and I stopped using it.

Back