Chelating Shampoo

This week I found out what chelating shampoo was. Can anyone suggest some chelating shampoos? When it cleans all the impurities (from air, water, etc.), does it make your hair dry ?

ORS Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Removes Calcium Build-up, Restores Moisture, Gently Cleans & Neutralises

I love it and it doesn't dry out my hair.

I recently used Fantastic Sam's Clarifying shampoo, which is actually a chelating shampoo. It's really wonderful-costs $8. Look for the ingredient EDTA and that indicates a chelating shampoo.

Nexxus Aloe Rid is a clarifying and chelating shampoo. Very gentle and leaves your hair very soft. :)

My 2 Favorites:

1. Kenra's Clarifying Shampoo—a chelating formula—works by eliminating dulling deposits, including chlorine, hard water deposits and hair styling product buildup.
  2. ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo

I used quantum clarifying shampoo (its also chelating) today for the first time, and i can definitely feel a difference in my hair. i like it about 35 times better than ORS's creamy aloe shampoo, but i still love both.

Nexxus Aloe Rid is a clarifying and chelating shampoo. Very gentle and leaves your hair very soft. :)

After doing research I found that Aloe Rid is only chelating if used along with the Aloe Treatment. But Aloe Rid alone is only clarifying.

I just recieved my Kenra Clarifying/Chelating shampoo, and I will see how I like it. I will chelate before my touch-up in 2 weeks.

This week I found out what chelating shampoo was. Can anyone suggest some chelating shampoos? When it cleans all the impurities (from air, water, etc.), does it make your hair dry ?

I used the ORS olive oil Shampoo b/c of it's "chelating" properties. I didn't follow the label as normally I am a "no pooer". Man that stuff dried out my hair something terrible! I could feel it getting "crispy" even while the shampoo was in my hair! Once I got my moisturizing dc done, it was ok. It did take a day or two of no pooing afterward though. Use with caution.....:look:

I used the ORS olive oil Shampoo b/c of it's "chelating" properties. I didn't follow the label as normally I am a "no pooer". Man that stuff dried out my hair something terrible! I could feel it getting "crispy" even while the shampoo was in my hair! Once I got my moisturizing dc done, it was ok. It did take a day or two of no pooing afterward though. Use with caution.....:look:

co-signing. This shampoo is no joke. My hair has yet to stabilize itself :wallbash:. Now, I am on the search for a gentle, yet moisturizing cleating & clarifying shampoo.

Back