Check out my inspirational Then & Now

bryantgurls

Hello Ladies,

Sometimes we have to encourage ourselves to keep from getting discouraged about out hair journey. So I went back to when I first joined LHCF and looked at a pic of my hair at the time and I compared to my pic that I took yesterday and was really surprised and encouraged all at the same time. :grin:

See attachments....

The first is June 25, 2009 and the second is April 26, 2010.

Attachments

• Photo_062509_001.jpg
    Photo_062509_001.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 588
  • Photo_042610_003.jpg
    Photo_042610_003.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 655
That's awesome, especially for 10 months! Very, very inspirational-- thanks for sharing! Also, can you share with us a few things that you feel really contributed to your progress?

That is really inspirational. I guess sometimes we don't think our hair is growing because we see it all the the time but once you start taking pictures from before to now that is when you see progress.

GO GIRL!!! GO GIRRRLLLL

That's wonderful growth and retention!!!

Your ends look thick!

Way to grow!!!

Thanks everyone,

I could not have done it without LHCF! My hair has never been this long and I am looking forward to what is to come. As far as my reggie, I try to keep it simple. For the most part, JUICING :lick: is what contributed to retention.

1. Wash and deep condition once a week
(Silk elements moisturizing deep conditioner, Lekair Cholesterol, Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor)

2. I use minimum heat. I airdry after every wash and only flat ironed about 3-4 times within the past 10 months.

3. I have used MN, but have not been consistent like I should have for the past few months (it did work when I used it right)

4. I wear my hair in ponytails probably 98% of the time, but my hairline is paying for it a little.

5. I moisturize 1-2 times daily. I started out using S-curl, which worked great but to save money I began making my own by mixing Aloe Vera juice, glycerin, water, and a little VO5 moisture milks in a spritzing bottle.

Back