Check HER out!!

I think "heat trained" is really damaged hair. Basically the hair does not revert to its natural state due to the "heat damage" I mean "heat trained".

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I dont think I am.

I think "heat trained" is really damaged hair. Basically the hair does not revert to its natural state due to the "heat damage" I mean "heat trained".

Yes, I think that's right...

[LMAO at Kitten45's siggypic :lachen:]

WaaaaaaaahhhhH! This video makes me so frustrated! How come I can't get bantu knot outs like that???? My hair sticks straight up! My bantu knot outs were cuter when my hair was shorter. At least they made a pretty curly afro. Now they just make my hair stick straight up!
No fair! No fair! I want pretty waves like that!!!

Hmmmm... Seems like I need to get my hair even thicker than it is now. It is starting to tucker me out. My hair has become more than low regi...or maybe I just don't think about it is as much when I do mess with it.

I am about to go wash my hair... desiding between a flexi rod set and this... hmmm.....

I think it's incorrect to say heat trained hair is damaged hair. I say this because heat trained hair can still be "healthy" (i.e. split-free, knot-free, not-breaking, with sheen/shine). I liken it to relaxed hair and colored hair, neither of which can go back to it's original state without cutting off the relaxed ends or color just like heat trained cannot go back to curly/coily with trimming it off. Each has "damaged" the hair to some point. Just because the hair's strand integrity has been permanently alternated by a chemical or heat doesn't mean it's inherently damaged and cannot be "healthy" and strong. Few ladies have their virgin hair but you can still achieve healthy results with a chemical and/or heat.

I think it's incorrect to say heat trained hair is damaged hair. I say this because heat trained hair can still be "healthy" (i.e. split-free, knot-free, not-breaking, with sheen/shine). I liken it to relaxed hair and colored hair, neither of which can go back to it's original state without cutting off the relaxed ends or color just like heat trained cannot go back to curly/coily with trimming it off. Each has "damaged" the hair to some point. Just because the hair's strand integrity has been permanently alternated by a chemical or heat doesn't mean it's inherently damaged and cannot be "healthy" and strong. Few ladies have their virgin hair but you can still achieve healthy results with a chemical and/or heat.

Ok well using that theory can I call myself a chemically trained natural? I am just saying (and really not trying to argue) that ANYTHING that changes or permanently alters the hairs integrity is no longer natural.

Yes I believe that in some sense a relaxer is damaging to the hair and I dont believe anyone will argue that point but I am also going to say that severe and an over use of heat to permently straigthen the hair is also damaging. "heat trained" is "heat damage" and "chemically trained" is "chemically damaged".

Did I make sense? I hope I did it is the middle of the night here and I am on this darn forum.

Blessings Always,
SouthernStunner

i was a D when i was 9 years old. my grand mother is a DDD my mother is DD, my sister is DDD. soooo its all in the family.

but i did grow up on mcdonalds and i think that helped:ohwell:

its not always fun to have big breast. sorry smilingElegphant, i wont take over this thread

Its cool...we homies!:yep::grin:

Ok well using that theory can I call myself a chemically trained natural? I am just saying (and really not trying to argue) that ANYTHING that changes or permanently alters the hairs integrity is no longer natural.

Yes I believe that in some sense a relaxer is damaging to the hair and I dont believe anyone will argue that point but I am also going to say that severe and an over use of heat to permently straigthen the hair is also damaging. "heat trained" is "heat damage" and "chemically trained" is "chemically damaged".

Did I make sense? I hope I did it is the middle of the night here and I am on this darn forum.

Blessings Always,
SouthernStunner

I say call yourself whatever you want. :grin: I hope my statement didn't come across as a "What does natural mean?" because I wasn't addressing the definition of natural. I was only addressing why heat trained is synonymous with damage.

My point is that "heat trained" hair doesn't have to viewed as "damaged" per se. "Damaged" to me denotes an undesirable result when alterations can be very beautiful and the hair still be considered healthy.

Last edited:
Back