Cheapie Conditioners (Yay/Nay) Reprise. [Inspired by BeautifulWideEyes]

Cheapie Conditioners: Pass 'em here or Pass 'em down?

• I am relaxed and Cheapie conditioners work great!

Votes: 76 39.8%
  • I am natural and Cheapie conditioners work great!

Votes: 63 33.0%
  • I am relaxed and I can't use Cheapie conditioners!

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • I am natural and I can't use Cheapie conditioners!

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Eiano

So in a previous thread, it seemed that the majority of women on this board who had natural hair were able to use cheapie conditioners (DDTA and friends..) while relaxed ladies said their hair felt like straw after using V05s and his cousins.

Yay or Nay for you?
Were you ever able to use them at one point?
What's your favorite conditioner (natural and relaxed)

Last edited:
Yay!

I currently use them. Actually I just went and bought about $30 worth of suave and V05... the people behind the counter were like :eek:

My favorites for deep conditioning are suave natural care coconut and suave milk and honey. My faves for leave ins are V05 moisture milks, pear mango passion and sun kissed raspberry.

I'm texturized. I guess I should be under the relaxed category... I'm just more lightly relaxed than most.

Porsche19 said:
Yay!

I currently use them. Actually I just went and bought about $30 worth of suave and V05... the people behind the counter were like :eek:

My favorites for deep conditioning are suave natural care coconut and suave milk and honey. My faves for leave ins are V05 moisture milks, pear mango passion and sun kissed raspberry.

I'm texturized. I guess I should be under the relaxed category... I'm just more lightly relaxed than most.

LMAO... dang. Yeah, when I heard that V05 was getting rid of Blueberries and Cream conditioner I went and stocked up on about 10 bottles. Smells so good! Same w/ DDTA, I took the whole shelf @ K-Mart.

Yeah there should have been another option (texturized) but I guess just go with the one you identify with more.

Nay to cheapies like Suave & V05 :( They just don't work well for my hair. But my hair :love: :love: 's some MNT!!!!

Last edited:
I am relaxed and the only cheapie conditioner I can use is Neutrogena Triple Moist. Although, I have not tried the Suave Milk & Honey, and Tropical Coconut that alot of people seem to like. I was going to buy some Suave earlier this week, but I snuck a peek in the bottle and touched the conditioner w/ the tip of my finer and it seemed so thin, that I didn't bother to buy it. I am 3mths post relaxer, perhaps if I was newly permed they would work for a little while. And don't even talk to me about cheapie shampoos.

Kat

As a natural, cheapie conditioners are a definite NAY for me. They've never done much for my hair except leave it very dry and strawlike.

Both my natural and relaxed hair hate cheap conditioner - Because my hair is super thick, and the VO5's, Suaves, and Sallys generics are kind of runny, I don't get any slip and they make my hair tangly. :ohwell:

Nay for me. DDTA/DDGB & NTM are the only drugstore products that work for me. The rest of them leave my hair dry and unmanageable. I've never really been able to use them though.
My favorite cons are Nexxus Humectress, Paul Mitchell's Special Tea Tree Con DDGB, Joico K-Pak Daily Conditioner for damaged hair, and NTM DDC.

I'm transitioning. The only cheapie that has worked for me so far is DDTA. I'm going to try a few Suave eventually...and maybe V05, Tresseme or Aussie (are those considered cheapies?)

I'm transitioning. My hair loves the cheap conditioners. I just found some DDTA at a beauty supply store, I almost bought all of them. The Suave professional conditioners are good too. I haven't tried the Tresseme, it's next on my list.

I have to have them. The only one my hair hates is VO5 Strawberries and Creme. It's too watery. I have also VO5's Kiwi Lime Queeze and the Pear Mango Passion turned out well. I am down with any that are thick.

As far as Suave, nothing can beat Milk & Honey or Tropical Coconut. I just tried the Green Apple one too. It was pretty good.

I play around with White Rain as well. I have Energizing Citrus. It's pretty thick and leaves my hair pretty soft.

DDTA is in a league of it's own. I take it easy on that because it's few and far between.

i'm natural and dominican conditioners work great for me as well as conditioner concentrates. I buy SalonCare conditioner concentrates for $5-6 dollars a gallon at sally's or buy a gallon of conditioner concentrate online for $20. That's it. they work great and i am very happy.

I am Relaxed and my hair loves cheap conditioners especially DDTA,DDGB,VO5
Strawberries and Cream and Suave Milk & Honey.

carameldiva said:
i'm natural and dominican conditioners work great for me as well as conditioner concentrates. I buy SalonCare conditioner concentrates for $5-6 dollars a gallon at sally's or buy a gallon of conditioner concentrate online for $20. That's it. they work great and i am very happy.

carameldiva,

which one do you use? tia

Nay!

I am natural and I cannnot use cheapie conditioners. A cheapie only worked for me once and I had to mix it with other products. I have never used a cheapie that I have liked.

tishee said:
carameldiva,

which one do you use? tia

I use the wild cherry one, the all purpose moisturizer, the honey and almond one and the balsam one.

I have the shampoos too- passionfruit, luscious kiwi, sparkling apples and pears,honey and almond and wild cherry.

Nay to cheapies.

The cheapest conditioners that I have used that actually work are pantene hydrating curls and Herbal Essences. (LOVE herbal essences btw)

Back