Cheapie Conditioners (Yay/Nay) Reprise. [Inspired by BeautifulWideEyes]

Cheapie Conditioners: Pass 'em here or Pass 'em down?

• I am relaxed and Cheapie conditioners work great!

Votes: 76 39.8%
  • I am natural and Cheapie conditioners work great!

Votes: 63 33.0%
  • I am relaxed and I can't use Cheapie conditioners!

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • I am natural and I can't use Cheapie conditioners!

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters
I use cheapie conditioners for cws, not for mainstream deep conditioning, and for that purpose, they work great. I use Aussie Moist, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle DEEEP, and Mane 'N Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner for cws, which classify as being cheapies.

My vote was for: I am relaxed and Cheapie conditioners work great! I love so many of the VO5 and Suave conditioners. Lately, my hair hasn't been fond of the VO5 Strawberries & Cream.

Last edited:
Ayeshia said:
Im natural and Suave Conditioners are the only thing I use in my hair 90% of the time ;)

And your hair looks great Ayeshia! I can imagine how good it smells too since you condition wash daily :grin:.Ain't nothing like some fresh smelling hair :lol:.

I'm relaxed and Suave doesn't do it for me. VO5 Peaches and Cream works better but I like NTM DD AND MNT the best. My hair needs thicker creams.

I originally posted that I am relaxed and can't use any cheapie poo and cond. besides Neutrogena Triple Moist. However, in the past couple weeks I have been using Suave Professional Humescent, LeKair Cholestrol and just love them both. For shampoo I use nothing but Aussie Moist. It is the best shampoo I have ever used!

Kat

I love cheapies for conditioner washes. I love Suave Milk and Honey and Suave Coconut...I loved the V05 Blueberries and Cream. They do the job, and the prices are right:grin: !

I like to use suave's strawberries and creme for conditioner washes and protective styling , and also dove conditioner works well on my hair.

Last edited:
I love cheapies! Lekair Cholesterol, MNT, Garnier Length & Strength, White Rain Tropical Coconut are awesome. I also like VO5 Kiwi & Lime Squeeze. They agree with my relaxed hair.

I used cheapie conditioners with relaxed hair and now that I'm natural. I use V05 Moisture Milks, Suave, and White Rain's R&N knock off currently. My hair loves them.

I voted yay. I used to use VO5 all the time with no problems. I'm into Garnier Fructis now and that's pretty cheap esp. at Target. The Aussie 3-Minute Miracle Reconstructor that my hair absolutely loves is cheap...if you consider $3.99 cheap for a DC ;)

I am relaxed and I use cheapie conditioners... I love them for slip.

I use: herbal essences hello hydration, and herbal essences totally twisted. I just started doing conditioner washes(didn't think I would like it but this will be great in the spring and summer months!!) I was actually impressed with the co wash...in which I used Suave milk and honey.

However I can't skip out on my deep conditioner.. I pay some money for that. I use UBH deep conditioner.

I use cheapy conditioners all the time (VO5, White Rain, Suave) But I mix mine w/some oil and either do a pre-poo, spritz or rare co-wash

I love cheapie conditioners. Relaxed or natural, my hair feels great when I use them. I use Suave and V05, but I like V05 much better.

I love them! Yesterday I bought some Suave Clarifying poo, Coconut conditioner and V05 Body Conditioner. I use them to co-wash and sometimes a little for leave in.

I can use Pantene R&N, and Neutrogena DDC. I'm not sure if they are considered cheapies, but I use these to follow up drying protein treatments or for detangling purposes only. I don't co-wash:ohwell:

I can't co-wash with them but some pantene cheapies work for me and I like all of the aussie conditioners. I can't use the real cheapies. VO5, Suave, white rain, etc... don't work well for me.

I am relaxed and I love HE Hello Hydration, Garnier Length & Strength, and Pantene Breakage Defense conditioners for co washes. I use them all the time. My hair feels great using them. With this harsh weather in my area, I started using some EVOO or Coconut Oil with them sometimes. Works great!

I've been sampling different ones but so far my hair is not responding well to the cheap stuff but it loves some of the more expensive lines.

i spend too much money on hair products to see them washed down the drain -- especially my aubrey organics:D . so i had to find a more practical alternative for conditioner washes. cheapies allow me to no-poo with abandon and still moisturise my hair in the process. i use my more expensive brands for leave-ins, and the cheapies to wash out. my favorite cheapies:

aussie moist, suave awapuhi, humectant or biobasics, and tresemme vit e.

I'm relaxed and I love using cheapie conditioners.

I've always loved Suave Naturals Coconut conditioner for co-washes, coating previously relaxed hair before touch-ups, and moisturzing with water. I also use their clarifying conditioner to rinse out henna.

I recently tried and fell in love with VO5 Moisture Milks, Strawberries & Cream shampoo and conditioner.

My hair understands my budget. :grin:

I am relaxed and I use cheapies for co-washes. I found that my hair likes to be co-washed and V05 does the trick. Right after I co-wash I use NTM Leave-In and my hair is in Heaven. Plus the Strawberries and Cream smells soooo good! The DH likes!

MrzLadyBuggz said:
I am relaxed and I use cheapies for co-washes. I found that my hair likes to be co-washed and V05 does the trick. Right after I co-wash I use NTM Leave-In and my hair is in Heaven. Plus the Strawberries and Cream smells soooo good! The DH likes!

Cheapie are the way to go for co-washes! :up:

I second (or third) the recommendation for Aussie Moist and also like using Suave Biobasics. I can get by with cheap conditioners and my hair tends to respond well to a few cones here and there. I think some one once mentioned that Aussie has changed the formula...

OFF TOPIC:

I'm still working on the 32oz Aussie Moist Cond. in the White bottle. Have they changed the formula of this product? What about the 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeeeep Conditioner? These two products are my staples and I'd hate to have to find something else.

[/OFF TOPIC]

...so yeah, I like cheapie conditioners. :yep:

Cheap conditiones are filled with filler products that are drying to my hair. My hair loves Aveda products; they're expensive but my hair is worth it.

Back