Cheap; Simple; Quick & Easy?? Possible?

Monaleezza

I want healthy hair but I need to get there on the simplest, easiest, non-time-consuming, cheapest route possible!

But from what I see results come from doing "something" everyday. Washing, conditioning, treating, vitamins, sealing, moisturising, scalp cleansing, product purchasing, protective styling..... (breathe Monaleezza, breath)

What are your, quick, easy, cheap hair care suggestions that we could all be doing that still good results?

Weekly Wash Day:
Shampoo w/ Aussie Moist Poo ($3)
Condition w/ Aphogee 2min ($7/8) + Aussie Moist 3 min ($3)
Add Leave-In (V05 ($1))
Twist or Braid under wig
Maintenance: Lightly mist w/ water daily. M&S & Re-Twist/Braid 1-2x week

My routine is pretty low maintenance because I've been wigging it since September and I plan to keep psing with my wigs until next December.

The revisited Deep Moisture Method of LadyPaniolo(originally from Chicoro) is vry "quick, cheap and easy"
she keep her hair cornrowed under a wig for once a month and once a week she but her DC as a moisturizer(so she doesn't rinse it out) and then seal.

Wash, DC & Rollerset weekly, wrap nightly, pin/clip hair up to protect, moisturize and seal when necessary.

A pack of 144 Annie magnetic rollers ($12)
Prongs/Clips for rollers ($5)
Scarf, Wide & small tooth combs ($7)
Africa's Best Oil, which is a combo of lots of NATURAL oils ($3)
Cheap moisturizers: NTM, HE LTR, S-Curl, Elasta QP Mango Butter
Great cheap deep conditioners: Aussie 3 Min Moist (yes I co-sign), Kerapro for very dry hair (on sale $5 right now)
Or get the HUGE bottles of Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo & conditioner from TJMaxx for $13, should last at minimum of 6 months.

I want healthy hair but I need to get there on the simplest, easiest, non-time-consuming, cheapest route possible!

But from what I see results come from doing "something" everyday. Washing, conditioning, treating, vitamins, sealing, moisturising, scalp cleansing, product purchasing, protective styling..... (breathe Monaleezza, breath)

What are your, quick, easy, cheap hair care suggestions that we could all be doing that still good results?

Protective styling means not doing a lot to your hair so it is the definition of cheap and easy hair care. Everything else you see is optional. You just need one shampoo and one conditioner. For moisture a spritz of plain water or water and glycerin works. Sealing - if you already have cooking oil and crisco in your kitchen then no extra purchases required. Hot oil treatments can also work as deep conditioners. It can be that simple.

Style: Two strand twists

Bi-weekly washing in twists
Shampoo with Elasta QP creme shampoo: 3.99
condition with garnier fructis triple nutrition conditoner: 3.99
Hair Oil mix to seal (Castor, olive, coconut, jojoba, sunflower)
Redo edges

Moisturize with water and seal with oil mix as needed (2 - 3 times a week)

Monthly prepoo with yogurt and olive oil then wash hair as usual.

Redo all twists one by one.

Tis all...

Your hair routine can be as quick and cheap as you want it to be.

I wash once every 2 weeks (was once a week) and braid my hair while wet. I've been wearing a braid out since August.

Routine:
Prepoo (using aloe vera juice and oils)
detangle with prepoo on my hair
wash with shampoo bar (or shampoo if the products I've used have silicone)
deep condition under my steamer
rinse and apply leave-in conditioner
braid (sometimes with a styler i.e., Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding)
air dry
unbraid and go

dampen hair and rebraid every 5 or so days or as needed.

The easiest my hair ever was was when I was bunning regularly.

I washed twice a week with CON red. DC'd with AOWC or AOGPB for 15 minutes. Used Keracare Moisturizing con as leave-in followed by oils. Bunned hair for 3 days at a time. Took out bun, did routine above, placed ponytail in different spot and continued. Took around 40 minutes twice a week.

ITA with all the ladies above.

Long before any forum I grew my hair to BSL just by washing, conditioning & moisturizing when I thought my hair needed it. All I ever wore were ponytails and buns and I used products I could buy from Wal-mart or my local grocery store.

Now I will admit I have found that I do love salon quality products. But they do not "grow" your hair.

ETA: This is actually what I have gone back to. With the exception of incorporating oils and Imma bout to braid this stuff up through the winter.

Last edited:
It depends on you, really. Are you relaxed or natural? Do you like to style your hair in different ways or are you someone who sticks to a few staple styles? Do you workout regularly? These things will determine what type of regimen you have.

Back