Charting your hair progress

LondonDiva

I thought of this after recieving a PM from someone yesterday about my hair regimen and what I did to achieve past shoulder length hair in a few years.

Then I thought about when I reach my hair goal, people are going to want to know what I did in order to get there. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif It can become a chore to say I did this and I took that, but I like to pass on info which is a little more thorough, I like to think that if I take my hair this seriously and want to help others then it's important to have something detailed in order to pass on. And I know this time last year I was using a different shampoo, but I have no idea which one and I know that I was taking supplements, but then again what were they and how much was I taking /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

So I devised a spreadsheet and listed all the products I use on my hair putting them into categories depending on what they are used for i.e shampoo, conditioners, temple area, hair & ends products etc on another worksheet I listed all the supplements I take on a daily basis and on another worksheet is one for a relaxer schedule to chart how often I relax and depending on how many weeks apart I relax the date for my next relaxer. So for example if you stretch it for 4 weeks longer you can go back to the original worksheet and see exactly what products you used on what days that helped you go that bit longer. You can then look at the vitamin section and see if your new growth is softer for example what exactly you are taking around that time consistently that's making it come in that way. It may also help you to remember if someone on the board asks you in particular for help in streching out relaxers. It maybe that you did CO washes or used all moisturising shampoos or changed products around a time you had significant regrowth. It's just easier to refer to the sheet rather than do it from memory.

Aside from all that. I personally feel for myself that this will keep me more disciplined with my vitamin intake as if I have to remember to update my sheet on a daily basis then it's an extra reminder for me to take it (and vice versa).

It's just so much easier to attach a file which is much more detailed than spending ages telling someone what I did over a 2 year period where I added and used different products nearly each day over a lengthy period.

So if anyone would like a copy of this sheet to view and use for themself, they are more than welcome to, and change it according to what they use as a hair journal record. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Just PM me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

There are other Categories I can think of to add /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif such as Hair appliances like flat irons, tong, blowdryers, steamers etc.

Hair styles such as braids, nightly hair wraps, weaves, flat twists, cornrows etc.

Thanks for being very thoughtful LondonDiva. I know I want that sheet! I have PM'd you with me email address. Thanks alot /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Amethyst

sounds like a great idea! Right now i keep a "hair diary" in which i write down EXACTLY what i did on my wash days. So far its keeping me very focused, I've increased my washings to 2x's a week and I'm able to see what regime i got great results with.

Your welcome Amethyst /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've sent it to everyone that's PM'd me, if I've done something stupid like not even sent the attachment or you haven't recieved it then let me know.

I've started keeping a hair diary, too. I write down (on every wash day) what products I used, whether my hair was very tangled or not, and whether I did a roller set or air-dryed, and how my hair came out. It really does keep you focused, and it also reminds you of what products you liked and didn't like, and also what combination of products work well together!!

HOW INGENIOUS!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Girl, ya know I want a copy of that. This will fit very nicely into my life. Thanks Londondiva. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm pm'ing you.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Armyqt said:
Girl, ya know I want a copy of that

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl you know you got a copy of that /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Hope it helps.

Thanks Londondiva. I just checked out the chart and it is very well put together. Dates and all. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's an excellent idea LondonDiva! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I will definately send you a PM. By the way, you make such wonderful contributions to this forum. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva,
I have both hands raised, indicating interest. May I please get your invention. When are you gonna get a patent for it. Hey, you could become famous /images/graemlins/grin.gif

By the way, you make such wonderful contributions to this forum.

[/ QUOTE ] Yes, she really does! LD is priceless. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pebbles said:
By the way, you make such wonderful contributions to this forum.

[/ QUOTE ] Yes, she really does! LD is priceless. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

cosigning /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Diva I remember when I first joined the hair boards I was copying down everything you had on your vitamin list, girl you were making me broke 4 real /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would love a copy of the spreadsheet. I am most definetely sending you my email address /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh my goodness y'all need to stop /images/graemlins/blush.gif I'm blushing my a$$ off. Believe it or not I don't take compliment too well **runs away and hides**

Thanks anyway For all those that have recieved it I hope it's a way that keeps you disciplined and on top of your hair care journey. I'd feel way too guilty if I devised this and kept it to myself. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Plus we are all here to help one another so why the heck not. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If anyone hasn't recieved theirs after PM'ing me or still wants one, then PM me and let me know. I've sent them all (or at least I think I have) /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

No problem Nita /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jada I got an error message when sending your chart. Can you PM me with it again please.

Azalia I am in the process of sending yours right now.

Diva...I wanted to thank you agian for that great chart. I never would have thought to use Excel. Unfortunately, I'm lazy and only fill it out on wash days even though I'm sitting right in front of the computer already handling my LHCF business. Do you fill it out every day?

You're welcome Daviine

Yes I fill it out everyday. I make it a habit to do so, just as much as coming on these boards. For me there isn't any point to charting what I use and take if I don't do it daily. I'm getting into a good pattern now and make a habit of doing it before I go to bed or in the evening at some point. I think it's also helped me psychologically to take my vitamins more as if I see there is nothing to fill on the sheet I remember to take them. (If that makes sense)

Gotta take my last does now as it goes /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Londondiva, I didn't see this thread! I just wanted to thank you again for the hair chart. /images/graemlins/weird.gif You are so seet to share this w/ us. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Hello,

I too would like a copy of your spreadsheet. It makes sense to me. I currently use a diary for money spent, what I eat and exercise on a daily basis. So if you want to measure results using a tracking system for hair care makes even more sense. My email address is "[email protected]'

I just want to say that you all should get a spreadsheet from LondonDiva. The spreadsheet is on point!!! I keep a hair journal that I update every month, but I truly believe that LondonDiva's spreadsheet is better, its comprehensive. (Its like tracking every detail of your hair regime, which would make it easier to see what worked etc. ) Seriously, her spreadsheet is a Keeper.

Man Diva----Islandgirl putting you to work huh? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yeah Daviine /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A lot of people are. I've had many requests for it, which is no problem at all so will people stop asking me "if it isn't too much trouble" OF COURSE IT ISN'T to help a sistah out and send over a spreadsheet to help chart their hair progress. That's what I'm here for, to learn and advise. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back