Changing your hair color this summer?

lthomas1

Hair Power!
I am going to change my hair color the a medium ash brown semi permanent color just for the summer only. I plan on returning to my natural color in the fall. I bought I clairol semi-permanent color that is suppose to be good for 28 washes.

If I don't get my roots done now, I definitely will by this summer. I must admit, I like how my hair looks now with the two tones.

Really? How? That sounds interesting. My black roots are about 5 inches long now, and the rest is still high brown.

I want to change mine SOOOO bad. But my hair isn't normal anymore so I have to be careful. It may not lift at all until all my color grows out.
ohwell.gif

I really really want to. I used to do color stuff all the time with my hair and screwed it up
hammer.gif
and now its finally grown out. But its so boring. I either would like a few goldish red highlights, or a deep, all-over auburnish/coffee shade.
I might do a couple highlights...I dunno...

Anky, the red is really nice. I choose the brown this year because I was red last summer. It was a very dark red mahogany color. This summer I will be medium ash brown.

I may regret this later, but I finally bleached my hair. It now has light brownish redish highlights. I love it! I had not patience to wait for the summer time.

-Marabou

I don't think you'll regret it Marabou (nice to "see" you posting again, BTW
kiss.gif
)...

Because you didn't take it blond it shuld hang on fine...and add some protein to your regime. Protein is REALLY important when you use bleach. But it should be fine!

I need help. I went semi-permanent last year in July, but now I have black/brown hair. My roots are brown, and some parts on the inside of my hair is brown too.

I used a semi, and it's taking forever to wash out. The box said 24 washes or 6 months. I'm still two toned. Why is it taking so long to wash out? I wanted to do another semi permanent color in light brown (not too much of a drastic difference).

Black takes FOREVER to wash out. I made that mistake some years ago, which led me to going permanent to get back lighter.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Yup...it may not come out at all skee....
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww man
frown.gif
. Do you mean to tell me that if you want to go black just use a semi-permanent because it's just like using a permanent? Will I be able to do another semi-permanent? Is there anything I can do to take some of this color out besides going permanent?

Help!

My stylist told me that black/very dark semi-perms are hard to get rid of. Even rinses. I was going to get my highlights rinsed to dark black, but she told me that if I went black I couldn't go back.
laugh.gif
(LOL)She said that if I wanted to get my blonde or lighter highlights come summertime, I should opt for a lighter rinse- like copper.

Skee, I know how you feel. I only had a black rinse, and I was stuck with it, I mean STUCK!
laugh.gif

You can do another semi, but it if it's like a brown color, it ain't gonna show.
ohwell.gif
Red will show up in the sun some though, if that's what you'd like.
ohwell.gif
There is a product out that can lift color out of the hair, but I think Tracy has used it, so she can give you a review.

It doesn't lift black. NOTHING lifts black but good old BLEACH. (And by bleach I mean a 30 volume developer or above, no color formula added, and perhaps used with a powder lightener Karonica.
grin.gif
) VERY damaging - I don't recommend it.

Dang I guess I'm the exception. I've been using semi-perms in black for years. I can never get the color to stay. 3 weeks and I'm back to my yucky ashy redish brownish mess. Maybe I should try a copper colourshines. Hmmmm

Back