CHALLENGES FOR THE YEAR 2009

2009 CHALLENGES

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TLC1020

This year I will not be joining any hair challenges, I will be going with the flow :grin::grin::grin:. Since joining this board I have joined challenges to improve the health of my hair, now I say forget about challenges. I am still going to protective style, moisturize, deep condition and all that great stuff but I am not going to be consumed by a challenge at least not this year :nono:.

i never thought i would join any challenges.....ever!!!!! its just not my thing

but decided to join the apl by 2009 and the rest i figured will compliment my goal challenge....

i am so glad i did coz i would have bought heaps of stuff i dont need if i wasnt in the make it work challenge....

they are there to make the journey enjoyable!!! and i am really excited!!!

I was not going to join any challenges for 2009 either but as I looked back over 2008 and saw all the progress I made, I realized suddenly that I probably would not have done so well if I didn't have all the support I had with the many challenges I was in for 2008. So needless to say, I joined a few of the same ones I was in last year that I felt gave me the best results:yep:. I have no regrets with them and I would do them until I reach my hair length goal but also helping others, especially Newbies with their new hair journey is internally rewarding for me too.

1 joined only 1 hair challenge. I thought about joining more, but I'm trying to K.I.S.S. (keep it super-simple) in 2009. My goal is APL, anyway so it's not really a challenge, more like a goal.

I joined one fitness challenge as well. Both the hair & fitness challenge allow me to dictate my own regimen.

I like challenges too and my hair does well with them.. I was thinking that this year I am not going to join any I'll just do what I think is best like always.. Like when I need to protective style I'll just do that, deep condition, I'll just do that.. I am not going to join the challenge per se'. I will see how things go and take it from there..

I said maybe then I forgot I joined the Rollersetting challenge. I wont be joining more because I dont feel like I need to. I think I did it just to participate on the board but I never follow what they say completing. I generally join challenges that I am doing personally anyway. So I joined ROLLERSETTING CH. because I already started doing it every wash a few weeks before.

Anyway, I always do my own thing. Its work well for me so far. Wash, DC, Bun, Heat once a month to get from shoulder to apl. Wash, DC, Rollerset to get the midback or waistlength with great ends (?) we'll see.

Last edited:
I like the challenges. I think they are fun and keep me motivated. My hair has grown so much from challenges so I need to keep it up.

Im doing the challenges because I realize that Im in the same boat as alot of the other women on the board and we all need to look to each other for encouragment. :grouphug3: I know which challenges Im not going to be able to do, so I dont even attempt to look in the thread (Bun for growth, No heat)...Chile, I would never make it in those:perplexed

This year I will not be joining any hair challenges, I will be going with the flow :grin::grin::grin:. Since joining this board I have joined challenges to improve the health of my hair, now I say forget about challenges. I am still going to protective style, moisturize, deep condition and all that great stuff but I am not going to be consumed by a challenge at least not this year :nono:.

You know what, I was thinking the same thing. No challenges for me this year. I'm going with the flow too.

Wannabelong, I thought you were rolling with us in the APL by 09 Challenge :( Do yah thang, girlie! I'll check up on you.

Yes, I have joined quite a few challenges this year. I'm so pumped! I love challenges cuz they keep me motivated. And I loved seeing update photos:yep:

i joined some challenges this year too, but i have my own personal reasons. they are fun though and i like hearing about everyone's progress.

I am this year. I need the motivation b/c I am ALMOST at my next goal of APL!
I like checking in, showing my pics, sharing my hair stories and hearing from everyone on the challenge.

I think it will help me stay focused :yep:

Back