Ceramide build up!

gn1g

How do you cope with a crusty scalp?

I'm not sure which way to go :lol: Whenever I use ceramides my hair feels the silkiest and strongest but 2 days later I have a crusty scalp. I usually clarify once a week, followed up with my beloved skala G3, kenra MC, and a bit of sunflower oil. Am I doing too much?

How are you keeping your scalp clean?

Recently, I started putting my shampoo in an applicator bottle.

With the applicator bottle, I'm able to focus the shampoo on my scalp to ensure a clean, product free scalp.

Are you putting the oil on your scalp. The crusty buildup can mean that you have an oily scalp already so you don't need to oil it, try just oiling your hair. And you don't need to use a lot of oil.

ceramides cause buildup? I only use ceramides on my ends never my scalp. Perhaps focus it less on the roots and scalp but rather the length and ends? Or just limit the amount?

Recently, I started putting my shampoo in an applicator bottle.

With the applicator bottle, I'm able to focus the shampoo on my scalp to ensure a clean, product free scalp.

Same Here. I used coconut oil last week in my conditioner and my scalp was way too oily. So I had to shampoo it out (in an applicator bottle). I didn't lather though! :nono:

ceramides cause buildup? I only use ceramides on my ends never my scalp. Perhaps focus it less on the roots and scalp but rather the length and ends? Or just limit the amount?

Me too. I never use the ceramides on my scalp. It's supposed to penetrate the hair shaft.

HTH!!

^^^same here I don't put leave in products on my scalp whether it contains ceramides or not but I do oil my scalp because I have dry scalp.

I mean your scalp produces sebum so oiling on top of that will give you scalp grunge.

I don't oil my scalp that often, just the hair.

I don't put Cramides on my scalp...Just my length & ends...

*My scalp I lightly oil with Brahmi & on my Edges I use JBCO mix...

Happy Hair Growing!

OP, how do you know that it's the ceramide that's building up?? I mean, even a chemist couldn't tell you that right off the bat from just looking at the products you're using...

IDK, I washed my hair in the skala g3 was very careful not to put any products on my scalp and 1 day later my scalp is flaky again. Maybe it's dandruff?

Back