Ceramic Flat Irons - does size matter?

KinksnCurlz

Before i go and order the iron, i want to know if size matters. It's a toss up b/t 2 but of course, they come in 2 different sizes. One for short/medium hair (1" to 1.25") and another for medium/longer hair (1.5" - 1.75").

My goal is, obviously, to have longer hair but does the size of the flat iron really matter?
scratchchin.gif

TIA

CH, I think the wider plates allow you to do larger sections of hair at a time. My ceramic plates are 2" and my hair is bra-strap. I takes me about 30 mintues to do my hair. The smaller plates are good for getting close to the roots.

Thanks guys for answering... im use to taking small sections of hair anyway and running the iron over it like 2-3 times. Does having the larger plates enable u to the run the iron over ur hair once and go on to the next section?

Yes CH. Every now and then I may have to do a section twice, but most of the time one run through is enough.
smile.gif

i spent a good 30 minutes trying to decide which size flat iron to get this weekend and another 30 trying to decide on the make. i remember...back in the day...when there was only 1 choice!
laugh.gif

So which iron and what size did you get?

I just bought the FHI(red plates) and I got the 1 and 1/4. I just got it on Friday, funny thing is that it arrived just as I was leaving to fly home for the weekend so I put it in my suitcase. My mom got her hands on it first and ended up buying it from me she loved it so much. I had to get another one off ebay which should arrive today. I got the same thing though the FHI 1.25"

I went to get my heat protectant at lunch today because those things get HOT. I wanted the "Beyond the Zone-- Heat it up" but Sally's didn't have it so I got Elasta QP's Silk but I'm a try a different sally's for the "heat it up"

Which protectant do you use?

i didn't get anything
laugh.gif

BUT if i were to get something, i'd go with the 1.25 - same size i got now (no bigger).
I don't use the one i have that often but i do have a spray protectant... don't remember the name of it... yeah, i do, it's hot tools thermal protectant (or something to that effect). I dont like it too much b/c it leaves that sticky/stiff feeling. I know what ur thinking, this is no help whatsoever
laugh.gif
sowwy LOL

The hot tools, is that buy Sebastian? I had looked into that one but the reviews weren't that great.. On MUA, they said it had alcohol in it and make the hair stiff. I wanted the Beyond the Zone because it's oil based... the white girls said they liked it but if they used too much it made their hair oily so I knew that was the one for me...LOL

[ QUOTE ]
Crystal said:
So which iron and what size did you get?

I just bought the FHI(red plates) and I got the 1 and 1/4. I just got it on Friday, funny thing is that it arrived just as I was leaving to fly home for the weekend so I put it in my suitcase. My mom got her hands on it first and ended up buying it from me she loved it so much. I had to get another one off ebay which should arrive today. I got the same thing though the FHI 1.25"

I went to get my heat protectant at lunch today because those things get HOT. I wanted the "Beyond the Zone-- Heat it up" but Sally's didn't have it so I got Elasta QP's Silk but I'm a try a different sally's for the "heat it up"

Which protectant do you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

sally's has a couple of ceramic flat irons on sale. i ended up buying the jilbere ceramic 1 3/4 or 2 1/4 with the comb attachment. i was a little afraid of the comb at first, but it works okay. i just have to make sure my hair is detangled very well first. my biggest issue with this one is that there is no temp control. i definitely notice a difference between the ceramic and my regular flat iron. i don't use a heat protectant--unless surge oil counts as a protectant.
look.gif

Back