Ceramic Flat Iron?

Child0fGod

hi all,

i'm currently in need of a ceramic flat iron. i don't use heat on my hair unless after a relaxer when my stylist blow dries it, flattens it and i get the bone-straight look (which i adore, lol) :)

so, was wondering about recommendations for affordable flat irons out there? not familiar with brands as much as i should be. but, what's a really good one? and, i'm interested in purchasing online because i'm really big on discounts/online coupon codes.

any recommendations, girls? :)

thanks a lot,

wow, these posts get lost quickly.
i posted this at 3 AM and it's already on the 4th page at 12 PM.

anyone out there???

I just purchased the Jilbere nano silver ceramic from Sally's.
It goes up to 450 degrees and gets hot quick. It outperformed my Maxius... Love it.

I think most of the big brand names like Chi, Sedu, work well and are definitely worth the price. My only suggestion would be to consider one that has a temperature control on it, for the times when you might need to turn down the heat, and use a minimal amount. Irons with constant high heat could cause heat damage if used too much.

I think most of the big brand names like Chi, Sedu, work well and are definitely worth the price. My only suggestion would be to consider one that has a temperature control on it, for the times when you might need to turn down the heat, and use a minimal amount. Irons with constant high heat could cause heat damage if used too much.

Cosigning with the bolded! I paid good money for a Chi, but since it doesn't have temperature control i don't use it. When i start using heat again i'll have to buy a new one with temp control.

On the cheaper end try sally's the jilbere is good on the pricey side I like Paul Mitchell
i was just gonna suggest this one... it works great, not too expensive... i think it's great for someone who doesn't use a lot of heat like me

I just got the Jilbere one and I think it's great. Mind you anything from my 10 year old non ceramic Babliss dinosaur would be considered an upgrade :lachen:

My first flat iron was a Rusk. Paid about $80 on eBay for it, and it came along with a ceramic curling iron. It served me well for about 2 years, then the hinge broke.

I recently purchased a FHI Platform on eBay for $88. So far so good.

Sorry, but I don't have any experiences with cheaper brands.

I have a Chi and I bought it on Amazon.com for $49. You do have to be careful with sites like these because the product that you buy could be a fake. I look at the sellers feedback from the customers before I buy! It was definitely worth the money. It gets my 4b relaxed hair bone straight.

I rarely use heat on my hair, but for those special occasions, I pull out my Chi :grin:

i have a chi that....i used to use b4 my bc. i have a maxiglide that's never been used. maybe one day i'll use it. but i hear sedu gets mad props along with the jilbere. i like con air's as well. i gave mine away when i repurchased my 2nd chi.

alrighty, here goes...

ok OP which did you decide?

:) thank you for checking on me. i was indeed doing my research on the mentioned brands, and keeping quiet until i had decided/almost decided, LOL (thank you everyone for the recommendations!).

i've discovered that i not only need a "flat" iron, but a straightener. my hair is really poofy and frizzy after blowdrying. with a relaxer i have bone straight (almost stringy) hair (but, mine is thick so it's stringy-almost, but has a thick and full look. does that make sense)??

when i saw allllll of the pictures of the SOLIA in action (solia tourmaline ceramic ion flat iron (1-1/4"), especially on fizzy, thick hair, my jaw literally dropped... i was drooling (well, almost). but WHOA. i'm almost sold on the SOLIA... 3,646 reviews, with 3,208 reviews being four and five stars!!! (thank you clever for suggesting purchasing on folica.com).

first it was the chi, then the sedu......... but so far it looks like the SOLIA may be best for my hair... perks: only $84, not including coupon code to search for, beautiful BLUE plates!, temp control.

yet, i'm still doing my personal research on the suggested products :spinning: (reading reviews, calculating reviews, watching demonstrations/videos, etc) ...this is a big decision. (seriously). ...big/important investment for me!! :grin:

AND, after i purchase, will do an before and after picture session (might post here or will do a new thread) :rolleyes: yaahoo!

thanks everyone! you're the best!

Back