Celebrating My 1 Year A Week Early!

Treasure2k6

Just can not seem to get my hair to past a 9 1/2 week stretch for NOTHING! I thought I had it in the bag and could make it til next week. My hair had other plans. I slightly gathered it in my hands to place it in a loose bun this morning only to find those tiny hairs again that I always get around this time! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: I am starting to think that my hair just can not tolerate a stretch beyond 9 weeks no matter WHAT i do! I went through with my texlax today and used ORS LYe for the first time and like it! My hair felt so much silkier after the process. It gets a silky feel after using No Lye, but I can not tell a LYe..lol Lye was a much better feel. We will see how it holds up during the weeks to come!

Well ladies I have some pics posted in my Fotki please enjoy! Here's to another year to come!!! Thank all of you for helping me get this far.

Your hair has made great progress within a year. its very healthy and pretty. I also used ORS lye at my last touch-up, i thought it was ok, but i prefer silk elements as it made my hair feel silkier and softer. as for strecthing relaxers, don't do anymore thabn what your hair can handle. I myself will stop strecthing 6 months and reduce to 3 months.

Hi Treasure! :wave: It's good to see you. Unfortunately, I have to wait until I get home from work to see your new pics. I can't wait to see them!

Your hair has made great progress within a year. its very healthy and pretty. I also used ORS lye at my last touch-up, i thought it was ok, but i prefer silk elements as it made my hair feel silkier and softer. as for strecthing relaxers, don't do anymore thabn what your hair can handle. I myself will stop strecting 6 months and reduce to 3 months.

Thank you Den1! Yeah, i feel like a failure at times because I have every intentions to go past 9 weeks...but my hair is saying:nono::nono::nono:. I am learning to accept it. Maybe when it gets longer it can handle a longer stretching period:ohwell::ohwell: Just a thought. I have heard about Silk Elements and everytime I go into sally's I look at it in though:rolleyes:. ORS Lye was cool though. I was a bit nervous going into the Lye because I didn't want my hair to get silky straight because I love being texturized a bit. My hair is thicker since I've been doing it this way.

Thank You so much for you compliments and all the wonderful advice you have shared on here! I love your pics!!!

Hi Treasure! :wave: It's good to see you. Unfortunately, I have to wait until I get home from work to see your new pics. I can't wait to see them!

Aye deh Mama! :kiss: Ok, let me know what you think. I can't believe I hung in there for a year. I just knew i would break and go back to my dramatizin hair care ways. LOL Yall kept me focused.

Back